How to add address fields to registration form

Hello guys, I'm looking a way to add new fields to the registration form but also to assign the users to specific groups automatically during registration. I'm working on 1.6.1.0 version.

Basically first I'm looking to extends the existing classes of prestashop so i can be able to update my prestashop every time there is an update without loosing my modifications on the registration forms. 

Second I want to add the address fields on the registration form and then I want to sign the clients automatically to a group based on the given city. Does anyone knows how i can do it?

Thank you

I want to add the address fields on the registration form

Go to Preferences > Customers > Account Creation > "Only account creation or account creation + address.

I think is that what you're looking for.

About your other questions i donno /

• Like 1

Go to Preferences > Customers > Account Creation > "Only account creation or account creation + address.

I think is that what you're looking for.

About your other questions i donno /

The half process is this one and thank you. Now I want to change the city to dropdown list instead of input box and assign the customers automatically to specific groups based on the city they selected. I don't want this modifications to be lost on the next update version of prestashop