How to display cost of item without state tax

Another sales tax question. I walked through the setup wiki for sales tax (turned off product tax for each item, have us zone, USA country, tax defined and only applying the the state my customer does business in - TX). The individual item prices display without sales tax added. However, if I log in after creating a store login, and my state is TX, the sales tax is automatically added to the price of each item. How can I change this behavior to only show sales tax as a line item during checkout? This is confusing both my customer and their customers. It is not how other online stores behave. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

What version are you running LeeR, v1.2.5.0 Final or v1.3.1 Beta?

In v1.2.5.0 Under preferences => Products you have the options there I believe...

How prices are displayed
**Only totals show excluded tax
***Only totals show included tax
Or BOTH incl. and excl.

Either way, plz reply with your version...because myself and a few others are having issues with v1.2.5.0 final and getting it to display state taxes even when logged in as a fake user assigned to the taxed zone(s).

Thanks! - enigma

1.2.5 final. And again, the behavior is almost what a customer would expect. In other words, I can configure Prestashop to only apply sales tax if the ship to address it in TX. The problem is that once a user creates a login, then whenever they log in to the store, sales tax is automatically added to each individual item in the store - even when they are 'browsing'. Does that make sense?

So, if I am shopping, an item will show a price of, say $2.95 UNLESS I log in and am from TX, then the item will show a price of $3.24. This is kinda misleading since the price is still $2.95. Tax should only be added as a line item at the end of the purchase process. Right?

Now, one last thing. What if the customer intends to 'pick up' the item(s) purchased? They need to be able to specify a pickup location, and the corresponding taxes need to apply regardless of where the customer's ship to address is. This is probably a 'United States-ism', and I am not sure if I am being clear enough, but it is definitely important. Let me know if this is confusing. Thanks!

Leer I understand what youre saying... I really wish I knew how you got it to work. because I am fully familiar with the way tax works now in v1.2.5.0 from experimenting while trying to fix my own tax issues recently...

The users in the other thread in the link that I posted as well as myself....can't even get Prestashop to calculate tax for us, even if logged in as a user from texas and a tax rule has been set...

Regarding your issue... Have you tried applying the setting that I said? Go into the administrator back end and Preferences tab => Products and then using the first drop down and selecting "Prices exclude tax"? That should fix yout issue for now..and when they go into the cart they will see the tax applied...but when they browse the store, they will see the product price WITHOUT tax being added.

On another note, PrestoChangeo has also created a "show tax on a separate line" modification which shows the tax as its own entity within the shopping cart module.

Now if you could perhaps help me a tiny bit...As I said before, we can even GET our state taxes to work, or even ANY state or ALL states...even when logged in as a fake user for the correct state with tax assigned to it. When did you download your v1.2.5.0 package please? (yes I think they've made changes to it but kept it the same version number and thus have ruined state tax capabilities on the latest download of v1.2.50 final)

Did you make any special changes to get it to work or did it just start working right off the bat?

Did you delete the pre-loaded tax rules and try to recreate them to see if your taxes still worked?

Please lemme know...and goodluck with your issue hopefully what i said helps. Thanks! - Dave