Module Send To A Friend Not Working

aee156

I have prestashop 1.6.0.5 and the send to a friend mod submit button does not do anything when clicked. If I do not enter a name or email I click the submit and get the error but when this info is entered correctly the submit button does not process at all. I tried upgrading to the most recent version on a test domain and there is the same issue there as well. 

I have seen earlier posts about this topic but every solution has been tried with no success. 

Please help!

I checked out that inspect element trick you suggested and found that it is my js/jquery/jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4 which I know is on the 4th line of the file but I am not sure how to fix it. The code is very long and I am not that great with js code. Any suggestions on how to fix this code. I am getting a 404 error. I think that if I fix this code area it will fix my wishlist and send to friend. Any ideas?

In Back Office at Advanced Parameteres > Performance at CCC (COMBINE, COMPRESS AND CACHE) do you have enabled the following options: Smart cache for Javascript, Minify HTML, Compress inline Javascript in HTML and Move JavaScript to the end? If so please disable all and check your console again if the error dissapears.

Also post a link to your website so we can have look.

I now just changed the memory limit to -1 which is no limit and it is still throwing the error, I am going to  change it back and turn the debug off so the site works in the mean time. I need to go to bed for now. Thanks for your help so far. Do you think if I get this memory limit issue worked out, it could fix my problems with the send to friend and wishlist? Thanks again for all your help so far. 

I now just changed the memory limit to -1 which is no limit and it is still throwing the error, I am going to  change it back and turn the debug off so the site works in the mean time. I need to go to bed for now. Thanks for your help so far. Do you think if I get this memory limit issue worked out, it could fix my problems with the send to friend and wishlist? Thanks again for all your help so far. 

I use memory_limit 256M in my php.ini file. Also make sure to restart php just in case you forgot.

Basically the error is still there even if you disable debug mode, you're just not displaying it. It's strange because for such an error you should get a blank page instead of seeing the website.

I'm not sure if fixing this error will fix the problem regarding send to a friend or whishlist module but it's definetly something you want to have fixed.

Did you configure and test the email function? Because this is the most probable cause for the error for send to a friend module.

If you are hosting prestashop on your own server check that you meet all of PrestaShop's server requirements: https://www.prestashop.com/en/system-requirements

Also you should make sure you have the optional php extensions: GD, cURL, SimpleXML, SOAP.

PS: Make sure you have your permissions set right: 755 for folders and 644 for files or 775 and 664 depending on how you've set up your server.

Edited by Catalin Scaesteanu (see edit history)

Thanks, I host with Hostgator and I opened a support ticket to see what is going on with this memory problem. It seems I have this issue with other prestashop stores on my server. I will update the ticket if I get this figured out.