Mobile first / Mobile 1st theme?

Hi all,

I know there are many Responsive themes available but is there today a theme (free or not) that has been truly designed in Mobile first?

I have been looking around but couldn't find any however I find it hard to believe no-one's had a go at it yet.

Thanks 

A.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Arnz

You can see the documentation here: http://themes.premiumpresta.com/fortress/documentation/ .

It comes with a theme options module from which you can customize many aspects ( color pallet, typography, layout tweaks, quick view on/off and many more ).

It also has a CSS editor in Back Office if you need to adjust some styles and don't want to edit the files.

Or I want different photos of the same product in each colour etc.

The above can be done in PrestaShop by default, it's not theme related.

Regards

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi @Arnz

We have developed a theme for PrestaShop 1.7 following a real mobile first approach. We are in the second version now but we continue to improve the theme and we will maintain for at least 2 years. Named Mobilium, the theme consider the thumb zone: the navigation bar is placed at the bottom of the screen to be reached more easily with the thumb to increase your conversion rate and the user experience on mobile. 

We also worked on performance by implementing the best practices published by Google. If you are interested, you can consult the productsheet of the Mobilium theme on PrestaShop Addons (there is also a demonstration). If you want to see production shops with this theme, you can contact us directly.

See you soon !

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

It is 2019 and still difficult to find a really mobile first designed theme.. "responsive" or "mobile friendly" are not enough any more when over 60% of the traffic is mobile.

I like some solutions from Mobilium mentioned above, but are there any other mobile themes for Prestashop 1.7?

Thanks

23 hours ago, Dreamtheme said:

Hi,

Can you explain, what exactly do you understand by "True mobile first" and "Real mobile first" design?

Hi,

What I mean is a theme that is focused on mobile version of the shop. Maybe I am a bit unfair but I feel like all the themes are advertised with list of great features for desktop and mobile is just another extra. For me mobile must be perfect and desktop is just an extra ;)

In fact I have visited your website and it is very good and very nice themses. The mobile versions as well :)

But not one I am looking for unfortunately... My problem is probably that I have a quite clear and detailed vision of the mobile design I would like to have and it is difficult to find one exactly matching this vision :(

Hi,

Thank you. Mobile design is very important, and at least we don't neglect it, in fact we keep a bunch of devices like iphones, ipads, android phones and tablets and old laptops just to test designs on them, because sometimes things that happen on real devices doesn't happen on simulations of mobile devices, so we don't take mobile lightly.

Also, you have to know that all the themes on Addons market are based on Bootstrap framework, this is mandatory requirement by PrestaShop in order the themes to be accepted on the market. Bootstrap framework is mobile first framework, this mean that all themes on the market are mobile first by default.

But it is still a bit unclear for me, are you talking about layout and designs or more of a technical stand point? Perhaps you may share what you think and screenshot or drawing.