Test PrestaShop 1.6.1.1 RC1

Xavier Borderie

As announced two weeks ago, version 1.6.1.0 turned out great, but there were still a few bumps here and there. We have fixed the main issues that were reported: 140 pull requests were merged into this version!

We are now ready to start the testing phase with our Community! We want to give this version a solid testing phase: we are planning two weeks for feedbacks on the issues that were fixed in this 1.6.1.1 version. And this testing phase starts today, with the availability of the first Release Candidate version, or RC1 for short.

We need you to make sure that this release is as bug free as possible. We need everyone to participate: merchants, developers, designers, translators, … even customers! Test your modules, test your themes, make a test-upgrade on a copy of a real shop, etc.

Read more about it on the Build devblog!

• Like 4

Hi, is it possible to upgrade a non-production installation from 1.6.1.0 to 1.6.1.1-rc1 or does one have to install 1.6.1.1-rc1 separately? I'd be happy to perform some tests on my non-production installation. Thanks.

P.S.: I have installed the 1-clic upgrade module, but I don't see 1.6.1.1-rc1.

Edited by JVerstry (see edit history)

Hello. Same question as above. And did you fix  issue with check_compile_cache_invalidation() in SmartyCustomCore  Class. For some reason `smarty_last_flush` table don't updated and Smarty every time delete compiled pages , as result cache don't work /

Hi, is it possible to upgrade a non-production installation from 1.6.1.0 to 1.6.1.1-rc1 or does one have to install 1.6.1.1-rc1 separately? I'd be happy to perform some tests on my non-production installation. Thanks.

P.S.: I have installed the 1-clic upgrade module, but I don't see 1.6.1.1-rc1.

Yes: using the 1-Click Upgrade module, select the "Release Candidates" channel in the "More options (experts mode)" section.

Feedback on both upgrade and install are interesting to us :)

Hello. Same question as above. And did you fix  issue with check_compile_cache_invalidation() in SmartyCustomCore  Class. For some reason `smarty_last_flush` table don't updated and Smarty every time delete compiled pages , as result cache don't work /

Do you have a Forge ticket about this issue, so that I can check about it? Thank you.

Hi Xavier!

This is not corrected even though I reported it to the Forge and to you!

Templates invoice. In Back Office

When I click on this, so I want it to appear Invoice and Invoice b2b but the Swedish words "Faktura" Faktura-b2b "

I have also found this bug in the translations / PDF translations

First of all, make sure the 'curl' Library is installed on your server. This line never saved when I translated it, it does not matter how many times I try to save it!

Otherwise, it looks very promising!

It also seems faster in both the Front Office and Back Office.

Translations of 1-Click Update now works with the Swedish translation (Fixed) Thanks for that.

And thanks for all the support and all the work that you put down for this to become a good and stable version! Hope you now fix this as I pointed out, and that you release 1.6.1.2 now in August.

May I ask why are the translations to the Cron tab in the translations to PDF translations? Would it not be abetter in modules / translations?

I'm just wondering?

Best regards

MacRoy

Edited by MacRoy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This is not corrected even though I reported it to the Forge and to you!

Templates invoice. In Back Office

When I click on this, so I want it to appear Invoice and Invoice b2b but the Swedish words "Faktura" Faktura-b2b "

I have also found this bug in the translations / PDF translations

First of all, make sure the 'curl' Library is installed on your server. This line never saved when I translated it, it does not matter how many times I try to save it!

Otherwise, it looks very promising!

It also seems faster in both the Front Office and Back Office.

Translations of 1-Click Update now works with the Swedish translation (Fixed) Thanks for that.

And thanks for all the support and all the work that you put down for this to become a good and stable version! Hope you now fix this as I pointed out, and that you release 1.6.1.2 now in August.

May I ask why are the translations to the Cron tab in the translations to PDF translations? Would it not be abetter in modules / translations?

I'm just wondering?

About the Template Invoice issue in the back-office, is it a translation issue? Can you give me the Forge ticket link?

In general, the translation might not be 100% applied during the RC process. It should be better once 1.6.1.1 is released.

We are not releasing 1.6.1.2 anytime soon, because 1.6.1.1 is not even released yet :) The 1.6.1.1 RC1 is the test version for the Community, not the final version! The release date of 1.6.1.1 should be around the end of August.

About the crontab translation being in the PDR translations, I don't see that on Crowdin. Could you point me to where the issue is? Maybe a screen capture?

Thank you for your kind words!

Hi Xavier!

I do not have rights to upload photos here! But you can see the picture on the enclosed Forge link.

I have marked with a red frame in which you'll see what I mean, when I click on it I would like it to appear on Swedish Faktura and Faktura-b2b ! There are no rows where I can translate these two important lines, so far I do not do it from the php file, which in this case means I only get it in Swedish and miss it in English.

Buttons to save the live editor is still missing in the Back Office.

Here is my ticket:  PSCSX-6022

Best regards

MacRoy

Edited by MacRoy (see edit history)

Hello MacRoy,

I'm sorry, but this is not a  translation problem at all. This pulldown just displays the file names of existing invoice templates. Save a dummy file named whatever to /themes/<your theme>/pdf and it will appear as additional invoice template.

Best regards,

eleazar

Edited by eleazar  (see edit history)

Hi eleazar!

I have already tried this but it does not change the name at all!

But I have now created a bill and to my surprise it is now Faktura in Swedish on the invoice and it is the most important right now. But as Xavier said this will be addressed when the 1.6.1.1 released!

Thanks for your tip anyway.

Best regards

MacRoy

I guess we were talking cross purpose, because that's exactly what I meant.

You can create as much invoices as you like and as long as you place these own files in the themes pdf directory they will be addressed, if you use the same translation items like the standard invoice.

This was possible in 1.5x and is still possible in each version 0f 1.6 either.

But as I said, I wait until the PS 1.6.1.1 will be released

Well, if you really want this fixed in 1.6.1.1, we really need you to be able to duplicate this issue every time, and explain how you do it on the Forge ticket. If not, you might find yourself with a 1.6.1.1 that doesn't fix your issue -- hence, frustration.

I'll try to push the issue with our developers.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Xavier!

Yes i really won't this to be fixed!

I have reported it twice, and i hope that they understand what i mean.

Here is my ticket:  PSCSX-6022

English is not my main language, but I try to explain as best I can!

Do they have any concerns or questions so I will answer their questions.

Best regards

MacRoy

Hi Xavier,

The latest version seems to solve a lot of issues, also with multistore.

One quite annoying bug still exists in the multistore environment wit the layered navigation. Trying to set it up in multistore takes hours. Can someone please look into them?

NM-144Block Layered index rebuild in Multistore don't work correctly

and related reported issues...

One quite annoying bug still exists in the multistore environment wit the layered navigation. Trying to set it up in multistore takes hours. Can someone please look into them?

NM-144Block Layered index rebuild in Multistore don't work correctly

and related reported issues...

Yeah, the Layered Navigation Block module is full of issues (just check the blocklayered tag on the Forge) :(

I don't know if the current plan is to keep fixing it here and there, or to rewrite it from scratch. I know the developers want to go with the second solution, but that's a big project to tackle still.

I'll see if I can push that specific bug.

It's ok if all icons of modules is larger than was? and looks blurry because of increase image size in code but without changing the size of the image.

The modules' icons are now displayed in the same size as that of the standard icons on PrestaShop Addons: 57*57.

This change was added from a Community suggestion, and seemed sound enough to be accepted. See the pull request here.

Yes, that will mean all module developers will have to use their Addons icon for their module's icon -- and thus will have to update their icon file. Currently, PrestaShop uses the current icon size (32*32) and scales them up to 57*57, hence the blurry/pixelly look.

It wasn't part of the latest Core Weekly report because it's been merged too recently. It'll be mentionned in the next Core Weekly.

• Like 1

The modules' icons are now displayed in the same size as that of the standard icons on PrestaShop Addons: 57*57.

This change was added from a Community suggestion, and seemed sound enough to be accepted. See the pull request here.

Yes, that will mean all module developers will have to use their Addons icon for their module's icon -- and thus will have to update their icon file. Currently, PrestaShop uses the current icon size (32*32) and scales them up to 57*57, hence the blurry/pixelly look.

It wasn't part of the latest Core Weekly report because it's been merged too recently. It'll be mentionned in the next Core Weekly.

This really seems like an unnecessary change.  Now module developers need to have 3 icons and know when to use the correct icon size depending on PS version?

First it was logo.gif which is 16 x 16.  This is used by PS v1.4

Then it was logo.png which is 32 x 32.  This is used by PS v1.5 through v1.6.1

And now come v1.6.1.1 they scaled the image size to be 57 x 57, and it is expected that module developers edit their logo.png size accordingly?

If developers update their logo.png icon to 57 x 57, has it been considered what the effect will be in PS v1.5 through v1.6.1?  Or did it really just seem "sound enough"?

• Like 1

Hi Xavier,

I did an upgrade on a testshop, installed the eu legal module and see some issues there. I have enabled prices with VAT. I have one product, 10 euro ex vat, dutch vat 21%.

When i add to cart, the cart block says: products: 10 euro. tax included. And then Free shipping, and then: prices are tax excluded.

The cart summary in the OPC is correct.

I did an upgrade on a testshop, installed the eu legal module and see some issues there. I have enabled prices with VAT. I have one product, 10 euro ex vat, dutch vat 21%.

When i add to cart, the cart block says: products: 10 euro. tax included. And then Free shipping, and then: prices are tax excluded.

The cart summary in the OPC is correct.

It's not recommended to install EU legal to PrestaShop 1.6.1x. This version comes along with the follow-up, a native module called AdvancedEUCompliance. EU legal doesn't work properly with PrestaShop releases newer than 1.6.0.14. And there's no update scheduled.

After you have unistalled EU legal please make sure that all overrides have been properly removed.

Edited by eleazar  (see edit history)

1.6.1.1 RC2

Two glaring issue I have have both been reported on the forge several times through several versions.

1. Back office Save & Stay has a very slow save time 1min plus, if you click save it saves fine. (my 1.6.0.6 Save & stay finishes in 3-5sec.)

imagine tryng to input hundreds of products.

One thing I have not been able to test is PHP version as my host for some reason is stuck at 5.3, if your server allows you to change PHP versions as mine does can someone test this and see if 5.4 or above changes this issue.

In my host under Scripting I can set my PHP from 5.2 or 5.3 but not 5.4 or above.

2. PayPal does not work at all, when placing order you are returned to order history instead of Order Confirmation and all items are still in cart no order placed in BO but does show in the PayPal Sandbox.

I have been using a older Euro version 3.6.8 that I updated the SSL to TLS and have not had a single issue, in fact it is what I use in my live site.

I tried several orders not returned a confirmation loaded the 3.6.8 version and every order was confirmed.

This i have also been reporting to the Forge for some time and the issue still exist.

My 2 cents.  :)

Edited by tdr170 (see edit history)