Order status not added to order, also ordered products missing from list

Hi!

In BO sometimes when an order placed there isn't attached order status and also if I check that particular order, the products are missing. That means I don't get order confirmation mail and I believe customers also doesn't. If I ask the customer to reorder, everything going back to normal. This thing just started a few days a go. When I trying to recreate the issue for myself it's not happens. Below I attached a few picture from the problem, please help.

PS version 1.6.0.11

I found only one relevant result, but that topic still unsolved:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/382708-products-missing-from-order-page/?hl=%2Bproducts+%2Bmissing+%2Bfrom+%2Border

post-202307-0-95666800-1438627829_thumb.png

post-202307-0-68823100-1438627845_thumb.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem in last couple of days!
On the db i noticed that the orders with this problem are missing the "ps_order_carries" and "ps_order_detail" rows

The problem happend on 2 different orders, one payed with paypal and the other with credid card. 

PS version 1.6.0.14

Any idea of what is causing the problem? 

Edited by shopiemonte (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi shopiemonte!

Thanks your experiences about of this problem, I checked also the error log but nothing stayed in it, so the info what you shared is more than that what I was able to investigate.

Strange that it's only happening sometimes, so in this way hard to figure what's causing it.

My first thought was that it's happens when the client is using a mobile or tablet device during the order. I can confirm now, not this is the problem.

Second thought was maybe this is because of the Universal Payment Module what I'm using. If you are not using this module, this I can also close out.

Since I started this topic I changed a few settings in the BO, for example I turned off file caching. Since this 10 orders is placed without error. I know it can be accidentaly, but we'll see.

This is all what I know at this point.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

thanks for opening topic. Exactly the same problem here!

PS 1.6.1.0, using Universaly Payment Module - however problem occurs with Bankwire (and others if I had any) as well.

Log says:

Frontcontroller::init - Cart cannot be loaded or an order has already been placed using this cart 

The same for DB, missing rows in ps_order_detail, ps_order_history, ps_order_invoice, ps_order_carrier (probably all tables concerning additional information on order).

In table ps_orders is everything fine as far as I can say.

Any updates so far guys? Suggestions?

I am desperate, since I am not able to reproduce the issue myself. It is very frustrating indeed.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Similar to me, and it happens randomly so i can't produce error.

i use PS1.6.1.4

It happens randomly with bankwire payment from PS, in BO log file i see some errors say "Frontcontroller::init - Cart cannot be loaded or an order has already been placed using this cart". 

For this order, then my customers ask me (if i am lucky) to give my bank account number so they can pay. Otherwise they will go away.

order items didn't recorded in BO only the value, but i can see their order items from: Customer > Cart, and i can make new order for them from BO with this info.

What i did:

delete htaccess to make the new one (but i get 404 error), so i put my htaccess back (in the past, PS will regenerate new htaccess if i delete it, but in my case, it is not happen, just 404).

Any help would appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

This is also happening to us.

We haven't made any changes on our site for a few months, but its happened twice in the last week.

Does anyone know what's causing it ?.. Perhaps Prestashop could comment here because if it's a bug in the code, it's critical one.

Fingers crossed :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Attn Presta Staff:
Same issue here, guys. Happened before, then stopped now it reappeared. Same symptoms.
Seriously, nobody from Prestashop on this 2 yrs old thread? This issue is CRITICAL, it damages customer confidence in our stores and causes some pretty nasty client service phone calls.
The same thing, no matter how odd, happens to A LOT OF PEOPLE. This indicates some specific environment for this phenomenon.
Come on, get your brains working, ninjas! :(

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am also still getting this same problem and have now even started looking towards getting help from one of the Prestashop partners, as I am getting zero responses from PrestaShop themselves after numerous emails... 

What I cannot understand is why there are so many users with this problem, but it seems as though Presta just doesn't care about fixing it.

I think it is hard to pinpoint the problem...

If I understood correctly, this problem can happens in multiple cases

When there is an issue with any of active payment modules

or if there is a problem in address fields (unacceptable characters or...)

or any other fields in that matter (at last step of validating the order, products in the cart and addresses) 

or if the customer use the back button during the checkout

It's like 'HTTP 500 - Internal server error'... just means something went wrong somewhere!

• 1 year later...

Did any of you guys solve the problem? It has been a while since the issue has been run into the first time but still occurs on the latest versions of PrestaShop 1.6.x

I am intrested if any of you who faced the problem, found the root cause and get it fixed. 

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Guys, my setup:

• Product: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.21
  • Prestashop version: 1.7.5.2
  • PHP version: 7.1.33 
  • Theme: Template Monster theme by Zemez

I am having the same issue (if I correctly understood). Customers that write a supplementary note at the shipping step of the order (e.g. "I will pickup from store", "please deliver it to my before Thursday" etc etc) get an error 500 and NO confirmation email is sent in the email they registered. Order can be seen only in the PS BO. This can happen in any of the payment options AS LONG AS the customer leaves an optional message at the SHIPPING METHOD screen. Next, you select the PAYMENT method, then comes an (optional) confirmation screen (depending on the payment method selected) and then BOOM! ERROR 500.

The error comes immediately after choosing Bankwire, or in the case of COD or credit card purchase, it comes after the COD confirmation or when the customer is transferred back from the bank's safe environment, BEFORE the order confirmation screen that displays the registered order details to the customer.

In any case, it must be the text inserted in the shipping step, that causes chaos and mayhem. Order has been placed but the customer doesn't know it. It can be seen only in the BO.

Can somebody see what is going on and provide us with a patch or workaround? BTW, "hiding" the specific field doesn't qualify as a solution because customers usually have something extra to request as a final note. Please, I don't want to re-design the site in PS 1.6.xx. Come up with a solution or a recommended server setup!

Thanks in advance,

Peter

prestashop_checkoutError_screenshot1.jpg

prestashop_checkoutError_screenshot2.jpg

prestashop_checkoutError_screenshot3.jpg

This is very old topic, nevertheless the problem should be the same for all Prestashop versions: you are using a module or theme not compatible with the Prestashop version in use. Please disable all non-native modules and themes and try with native one. Re enable one per one for to check which one is making problems and then debug this one. If it is a non native thing, so you need to contact the developer.

For 500 errors, these are server errors, you should additionally read the server error logs and debug them as well. Activate also the debug mode and read possible errors you are having and debug them as well.