tax issues in creating new product

Guest jason

Hi i just installed Prestashop 0.95 and I must say its the most newbie friendly shop i've seen!

I have a question though, I am having a problem with adding new product because whenever I try to save, I get the 'error!  need tax id!' or something like that.  I have set it as no tax and don't understand why it can't work!  Please help!

Als, I read from some other topics in this forum abt ssl and secure payments and log in.

is Prestashop system designed to provide very simple security? e.g. against info stealing from our client database).

We intend to only use paypal, which I understand will direct my customers directly tio secure paypal page for payment, or give them our bank account number for them to send money to us directly from their own internet banking (not from our site). 

Hi,

For the tax, you need to have at least one tax created, even if you don't use it.

Because each product need to be link to one tax, in case you use tax system on.

So, you can create one fictive tax, you link it to your product, but you put tax system off.

Hi Jason

Concerning the ssl you're right it is not yet implemented on PrestaShop :-

But the security is definitly not a "simple thing" to us.

We even made it our first priority.

Ok we do not have ssl way but we already encrypt cookies' informations, compare regulary datas from user to the database, check datas' integrity, etc...

We currently discussing about ssl but these important points require time.