erros while uploading products.csv file

I think it would be better if you use ";" as a separator instead of ",". You might need the comma to separate categories or descriptions.

I would try to import the products with a simple file. Just one product with its name and price. And if it works, I would start adding columns and check.

Hope it helps!

1. Remove any columns that you are not using

2. The "name" for each product must be unique. You can't have the name "BAG" for two products.

3. Do not use the ID column

I'm not sure if the example text in the header is actually allowed. I mean the stuff in parenthesis in the header like "(0 = No, 1 = Yes)". So if it still doesn't work after doing 1-3 above, try removing all of the example text.

Don't forget set import to skip the header line before you start import.

Hi all this problem is now solved. For csv file it is not compulsion to use ";" or "," we can use any as a seperator. While importing I used "," as field seperator as well as multiple value seperator. Those columns which I dont want I kept them blank but not deleted....I just made a fresh copy of .xls and made its csv and while importing I selected no thumbnail generation to yes....then checked whether each column of csv matches with that of product database...this worked for me.

Hi all this problem is now solved. For csv file it is not compulsion to use ";" or "," we can use any as a seperator. While importing I used "," as field seperator as well as multiple value seperator. Those columns which I dont want I kept them blank but not deleted....I just made a fresh copy of .xls and made its csv and while importing I selected no thumbnail generation to yes....then checked whether each column of csv matches with that of product database...this worked for me.