Blocklayered with dropdown works but refreshes the page each time a menu is looked upon

Hello

I got the block layered to work using the drop-down menu.

As I need to use many filter, from 15 to 30, and as each of them have many and many features the drop-down style is the only useful to keep the page ordered and neat.

Using control boxes or radio render the page full of filter and features, extremely long and ugly.

Up to this point is all fine, I got the drop-down menus working fine, the blocklayered works fine, got it in the product area instead of a side column and it works overall.

Unfortunately I still have an issue I want to solve.

If a menu is opened to read the features values available AND then is closed without choosing a feature the page comes to be refreshed and scrolled to the the top.

As that there are many and many features and because of the fact that I need to use so many features values (as much as 40 in certain cases) it is really highly probable that many customers will open the drop-down menu and just read the list of values not necessarily choosing one, so each time they do this the page comes to be refreshed and scrolled up,.

This behaviour is strongly annoying and make the page look alike it has some major bug.

I do want that the client have no disturb while opening all the dropdown menus and taking his time to read the full list of values in order to decide what needs to filter.

The task to choose one or more of the products in this category of over 1000 articles with an overall amount of circa 70 features and some hundreds of feature values is very complex...

The client (unless already expert about this kind of products) needs to have the time to think and understand what really need without loosing concentration.

Refreshing the page and scrolling it up each time he decides that in a particular drop-down list there is no value interesting for his case is a major flaw.

I badly need to find a solution for this odd behaviour.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you in advance

• 4 weeks later...