Module Development for Wholesaler Import

hsgear

I've got a wholesaler with an FTP site for products, inventory files, and images. I'd like a module specific to them that lets me keep my catalog up to date.

Needs to import flat files with attributes (size, color, etc...) and the resulting product needs to have the attributes - meaning I can't have one product for every single color/size combo, the customer needs to be able to simply see on product and select their options.

Downloads can be manual, but the inventory update should be a Cron job. Needs to remove items that are no longer in the catalog (product code "discontinued" is in the file).

Fred - 

What I'm looking for is fairly straight-forward:

1. Download and import the catalog files, including images, into my shop from Moteng. (See attached). This can be manually triggered or through a Cron job, but I want it to be done completely within the module - I hit a button, it updates the catalog and images and then re-indexes my database and rebuilds my friendly URL's.

2. Every day, pull down the inventory file from Moteng and update the inventory in my shop. This must be automated every day.

3. The products created must include attributes (color, size, etc...) in the item. I want one item with choices for the customer (i.e., one page for the shirt with drop-down's for the color and size), not one item for each attribute combination (i.e., shirt blue/large is one item, shirt blue/medium is another).

4. Automated item deactivation. When an item codes as "discontinued" in the catalog file (see attached), it deactivates on the website. It doesn't need to be deleted necessarily, but I don't want discontinued items available to order.

Again, all in a single module. If this one is successful, I'll have you build modules for my other wholesalers and then introduce you to other dealers with those vendors. I have 5 wholesalers, so this will be a long term engagement if the product is a winner.

Thanks,

Mike

• 1 month later...