Custom Module for Moteng?

hsgear

I use Moteng.com as one of my dropshippers. They've got FTP access in place for images, products, and inventory but little interest in developing a dealer module.

Anyone out there ever develop a module for Moteng? Anyone want to?

It'd need to use the data format in this manual.

1. Items pulled down once a week and paired up to their images.

2. Inventory levels pulled down daily.

3. When items get discontinued, drop them from the website.

4. Attributes on a single item, not a new item for each size/color combo.

Anyone feeling up to it?

What I'm looking for is fairly straight-forward:

1. Download and import the catalog files, including images, into my shop from Moteng. (See attached). This can be manually triggered or through a Cron job, but I want it to be done completely within the module - I hit a button, it updates the catalog and images and then re-indexes my database and rebuilds my friendly URL's.

2. Every day, pull down the inventory file from Moteng and update the inventory in my shop. This must be automated every day.

3. The products created must include attributes (color, size, etc...) in the item. I want one item with choices for the customer (i.e., one page for the shirt with drop-down's for the color and size), not one item for each attribute combination (i.e., shirt blue/large is one item, shirt blue/medium is another).

4. Automated item deactivation. When an item codes as "discontinued" in the catalog file (see attached), it deactivates on the website. It doesn't need to be deleted necessarily, but I don't want discontinued items available to order.

Again, all in a single module. If this one is successful, I'll have you build modules for my other wholesalers and then introduce you to other dealers with those vendors. I have 5 wholesalers, so this will be a long term engagement if the product is a winner.

Ron,

I'd looked at them before, but they weren't able to handle attributes. Attributes are a pretty big deal in our industry (military and tactical kit) - a single holster for example may have 100 combinations (left/right handed, black or brown leather, plain/Clarino/basketweave finish, however many pistols it fits - could be dozens) but they're all the same holster.

With attributes, the customer would simply see "Safariland 7401 Holster" and then choose their options to build what they like. Without attributes, there'd be 100+ individual pages for the customer to weed through of Safariland 7401's = nearly all carts are abandoned as nobody wants to dig through that much. 

To place the numbers in context, one of my suppliers has 75k lines in their catalog, but only about 8k unique products. Attributes are the key.

• 2 weeks later...
 it works a lot better for auto imports than store manager as it runs on your server not a remote windows pc

Automated product import allows to keep server resources, since updates are made locally and posted afterwards, what is advantageous when you need to process multiple products and fulfill volumes of modifications

What concerns attribute import, it can be easily done with Store Manager. You can add or update attribute combinations, using this tutorial - https://www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/tips-tricks/tips-on-how-to-import-prestashop-attributes/

The post, you have mentioned above - https://www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/prestashop-product-management/prestashop-attribute-import/ describes various cases, when improper setting done by user may influence attribute import and explains how to avoid such situations. 

Edited by Iryna (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Nope. I've had a few people look at the data file and none of them can accomplish the core functions:

1. Up-to-date products and inventory levels.

2. Up-to-date photos

3. (Where they all fail) Combinations/attributes.

Without the size/color/hand/etc... attribute information we'll have a horrible website. Nobody wants to wade through 200 pairs of the same pants just to find khaki/34 waist/32length. They want to find ONE pair of the pants and pick their size and color.