PrestaShop 1.6.1.0 Remove ID's From URL's

sounds

How do you remove those number/ID's from URL's?

I see there's a free module but when I install it I had to change the tags in SEO & URL's

And it keeps telling me they need to have ID's

Any other way to achieve this without buying a fix?

Edited by sounds (see edit history)

Hi,

I had used one paid module for prestashop website in past. It removed IDS from URL. You need to contact developer and discuss with him before purchasing module.

The name of module was something advanced SEO. It was mention in module description that module remove ids from url.

PrestaShop Tutorials Videos [How to do Tasks]

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/907438-prestashop-tutorials-videos-how-to-do-tasks/

Edited by Zohaib-fk
Post Updated (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am developer but still I purchased module developed by other developers because I have less time to research and development.

The module has changes in many files therefore it will take time to research and development work.

If you have solution , please share , it will help others.

PrestaShop Tutorials Videos [How to do Tasks]

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/907438-prestashop-tutorials-videos-how-to-do-tasks/

Edited by Zohaib-fk
Post Updated (see edit history)

Or simply" don't remove them" You will not have impact on SEO by removing the ID's (but some great problems...). See here the same discussion and why not: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/444149-friendly-url-starting-with-lang6/

AND

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/446002-which-internet-address-is-seo-friendly/

AND

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/119763-how-to-remove-category-id-or-product-id-from-friendly-url/

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

I don't want any suggestions for paid modules thanks!

This should be an option in the panel, just like there should be an option to set max orders, as there is a set min order.. ridiculous.

Why do the presta developers keep leaving out features that are available free in other systems, features that should be part of the package.

Nah we'll just leave it out so others can charge 20 bucks or more for a small fix.

Edited by sounds (see edit history)

Some people have said you shouldn't remove the Id's because it will mess with SEO.

But I don't know any other shopping system that forces its users to include ID's in their URL's, if they don't want them.

I think that's a bad decision, not considering the other options, some people might not want them.

And why would you include an option to allow admin to set the minimum order, and not give an option to set the max.

That's very one sided thinking, or maybe they did consider it and decided that we will give half of the feature and allow others to make money off the other half.

All the explanations in the world don't make that right, it's like building a car that has 4 wheels, and only including two.

• 11 months later...

Some people have said you shouldn't remove the Id's because it will mess with SEO.

But I don't know any other shopping system that forces its users to include ID's in their URL's, if they don't want them.

I think that's a bad decision, not considering the other options, some people might not want them.

And why would you include an option to allow admin to set the minimum order, and not give an option to set the max.

That's very one sided thinking, or maybe they did consider it and decided that we will give half of the feature and allow others to make money off the other half.

All the explanations in the world don't make that right, it's like building a car that has 4 wheels, and only including two.

Prestashop free version comes with this features if you need more you will need to pay, if you dont like how free version works change to Magento or Wordpress, Magento is more expensive than Prestashop is!.

This is how business works!, nothing is free, nothing is easy on this life...

• 2 weeks later...

@ lucasvm - what are you talking about ? Prestashop is totally  free (open source). There is no paid version available (like for Magento and others). AND also Magento works with ID's, as each other e-commerce software as well. This is a technical need for to identify data on a database. You can suppress them with rewriting rules.