How to configure customer billing address to remove fields?

"I don't need common billing address format.
I just need customer email address and phone number, no need to know their home/office address
or any other else as required for billing address.
How to modify order-address step to achieve such purpose ?"

PS: I sell downloadable goods and I don't need any kind of address in my shop and I don't want to force customers to write their address.

Assuming this is for Prestashop v.1.6.x, and you have a basic knowledge about programming language (php, html, smarty, css).

1st, let's modify the Address format and form which commonly used.
Go to : B.O > Localization > Countries
Pick one country where we will change the address format, click the "Edit" menu available on the right of each country row.
Scroll down to the "Address format" field option
Remove all default values available on "Address format" but keep the "phone" and "phone_mobile"

Set all of the following configuration options to "NO" : "Does it need Zip/postal code?", "Contains states", "Do you need a tax identification number?"
Set the "Zip/postal code format" empty/blank
Save the changes.

Now go to the F.O, and login with your customer account.
Then go to My Account > My Addresses
You will see there is a differences within the customer address looks, it should show only the Phone and Mobile Phone data.
Next, try to add a new address
You will see there is a differences within the Address form, however the form fields: "Firstname", "Lastname", "Address", etc are still available there. This is happen because all of those fields are the required fields for address.
But in this case you don't need it and want to remove it, am I right ?

Edited by gonebdg - webindoshop.com (see edit history)
  • Like 2

This is helpful. But will you be covering how to remove all address information at checkout for customers without a log in. I My shop needs to be able to use guest checkout (no login) with no other information other than first and last name, email and mobile number. Thanks for your help in advance.

This is helpful. But will you be covering how to remove all address information at checkout for customers without a log in. I My shop needs to be able to use guest checkout (no login) with no other information other than first and last name, email and mobile number. Thanks for your help in advance.

Please create a new thread with your own Topic, and please describe your requirement cleary.

Explain what you mean about "... how to remove all address information at checkout for customers without a log in" ?

Don't forget to inform your PrestaShop version and the "guest checkout" system used (default prestashop or 3rd paty module)

"guest checkout" actually the same as customer registration it does creating a customer account and "guest" will automatically logged in.

But then (in fact) the customer account that has been created can not be used again for login, the guest customer doesn't know the password or simply without password associated, and several "guest checkout" system will use a dummy email-address so the actual email address still can be used to create another "guest account" on the next visit or purchase.

If you are use default "Guest checkout" then guest account can be converted into customer account with password for login.

I've tried all of this the first day I installed prestashop 1.6.xx and it didn't work, I even installed the last version today and still the same.

But in this case you don't need it and want to remove it, am I right ?

yes, that was the question from the beginning.

Edited by KiaAzad (see edit history)

I've tried all of this the first day I installed prestashop 1.6.xx and it didn't work, I even installed the last version today and still the same.

yes, that was the question from the beginning.

What do you mean "it didn't work" ?

The 1st step i've described above is just a starting point to achieve what you need.

If it really didn't work, nothing is changed within the address format or the address form, then there is something wrong with your PrestaShop.

It should work, and if it does work then i will post the next step : 2nd creating dummy address / define default values for address.

What you are trying to accomplish will need several changes into your prestashop configurations and several modifications might required.

I'll try to guide you step by step so it's not only you can follow this topic but it can help another prestashop users.

It also to make sure that i'm understand your needs, each step can be implemented correctly and working well, and to prevent misunderstanding which can lead mistakes in changes and modifications.

When you have a problem or there is an issue when implementing some change or modifications, you should give more info instead just saying

"I've tried that and it didn't work"

I can't help people who cannot follow direction and guide.

I followed your walk trough exactly as you said.

Now go to the F.O, and login with your customer account.
Then go to My Account > My Addresses
You will see there is a differences within the customer address looks, it should show only the Phone and Mobile Phone data.

didn't happen and the extra fields are still there.
checked the registration/checkout pages and nothing changed at all.
that's what I call "didn't work"

you can check it yourself: 
http://mixabi.com/prs/adm

[email protected]

testtest

I understand if you like to drag the topic and give the information in small portions but believe me we will be more thankful if you just give us the whole solution in one piece. and even more if you test it first and make sure it works. 

Well as I said, I can't help people who cannot follow direction and guide.
Nothing I can say again ... unless giving you the last guide in this topic as following :

Read my posts #2 carefully

This is how "Address format" option will be look when you edit in the Back Office

post-30874-0-16952400-1438354835_thumb.png

This is how the "Address block" will be look in the Front Office

post-30874-0-45422800-1438354838_thumb.png

This is how the "Address Form" will be look in the Front Office

post-30874-0-83559900-1438354836_thumb.png

Next you should modify the related files to define default values for the required fields and hiding it includes the necessary fields (I call it dummy address), and then there are several modifications need to be done to finalize and accomplish your goal.

The Admin account that you give is useless anyway :P
post-30874-0-50106900-1438354832_thumb.png

hope someone else can help you ... good luck.

hope someone else can help you ... good luck.

is that another way of saying: I don't want to give you any information even though I made you create another topic  for it?

looking to your 2nd screenshot, the only thing you removed is zip code that I did months ago.

was it your intention to make me create this topic to teach me that? or you wanted to show me how to actually remove the fields I asked help with?

PS: I tested that account and it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

MY god this moderator was a dick to you... I have exactly the same problem, removing adress fields in the backend at localization - country menu does not affect the front end. Reading what he responded is just pissing me off.

• 1 year later...