PrestaShop Revolution

Amir Moradi

Hi all,

After hours of testing and coding templates for PrestaShop, I thought it would be nice to rewrite PrestaShop code, and make it more portable, flexible, and less dependent on Old JavaScript.

The first goal of the PrestaShop Revolution, is to use the latest JS librairies, as latest jQuery, and its plugins. Here is the place for everyone interested to share their knowledge, and work toward making PrestaShop a better e-commerce solution.

To be more efficient, I beleive that loaded JS and CSS files should all be defined in template files, and not main PrestaShop PHPs; e.g. the JS files for the Product Page, which are defined in /prestashop/product.php rather than prestashop/themes/mytheme/product.php

For longtime I’ve been a WordPress developper and I beleive that the success of WordPress not only relies on its community, but also on its way of handling themes and interfaces.

Basically, Smarty – the templating framework used for PrestaShop – is complex and difficult to understand, so why making it more unreliable by using unclean and unhealthy coding?

I’m actually working on integrating latest jQuery 1.4.2 on PrestaShop and updating latest jQuery Plugins, and most important, I moved JS librairies to theme’s folder, rather than PrestaShop’s JS directory.

I invite everyone interested in this project to share their work, knowledge, experiences and ideas here, and on a dedicated page on Gibni called PrestaShop Revolution.