Increase ranking for some keywords

BJng

Hi to all,

I've got many products of the same manufacturer and in the tag "meta title" and "meta keyword" of every product there is the name of the manufacturer.

The manufacturer name is in the Name, short description and in the description of the product.

The same name is present also in the field "keyword" of preferences>seo & urls>index.php

If I search the name of this manufacturer in google, my site does not appear at all! Many competitors appear in different positions but my site no at all.

Can anyone help me to understand why?

Thanks in advance

Stefano

Edited by BJng (see edit history)

Hi,

How old is your website. Google search engine do not rank website based on title and keywords on the website only,there are many other factors decide rank of the website.

PrestaShop Tutorials Videos [How to do Tasks]

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/907438-prestashop-tutorials-videos-how-to-do-tasks/

Edited by Zohaib-fk
Post Updated (see edit history)

Hi zohaib82,

the site is 3 year old and that I do not understand is why the competitors, big and not big, appear in the results of google for specific words and my site do not (even in the first 40 pages!)

It seems my site is banned for those keywords  :( 

The keywords are everywhere in meta tags and are the brands of the products

Thanks

Ste

Hi,

Could you check your website for keywords in google,bing and yahoo search engine on 2,3,4,5 etc pages.

Your website may be on other pages instead of first page.

Could you add your website in google webmaster,bing webmaster and add google analytic on your website. These settings will helps search engine to know about your website.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/907438-prestashop-tutorials-videos-how-to-do-tasks/

Edited by Zohaib-fk

• 2 weeks later...

One of the easiest things to do is add a blog, provided you do good posts with quality content. 2015 is all about content marketing.

Do some research... The interenet has a wealth of information just do a Google search and get reading!

Hi,

When you write blogs make sure you have unique content and useful to users. Write blogs for users not for search engines.

Search engines are very cleaver bots. They are online tools to check unique content of the blogs.

Edited by Zohaib-fk