Customer Information page

As your business grows and you are lucky enough to get repeat orders, the customer page starts to get very large

This page

post-246958-0-02411600-1438033702_thumb.jpg

Can grow very very long. Is there a way to minimise the data shown here?

We have one customer with 80 orders already this year, so it could get very difficult to manage in a year or two

The data is in panels, really these panels should start "closed" with a click to open them

Any ideas?

Is there no way to contract this data?

Anything is possible, however this involves some coding.

You can override the default templates for displaying customers found in: /root/admin_folder/themes/default/template/controllers/customers/helpers/

The Back end is built with Bootstrap framework so you can use this functionality: http://getbootstrap.com/javascript/#collapse

I would simply make the panel headers clickable and collapsed by default and on click they would expand or you can add a + / - button however you'd like.

Hope this helps.

LE (after fiddling around with the code): Assuming you are using prestashop v1.6+ here's what you can do:

1. copy /root/admin/themes/default/template/controllers/customers/helpers/view/view.tpl to /root/override/controllers/admin/templates/customers/helpers/view/view.tpl (create the folders in override because they probably don't exist for you)

2. edit /root/override/controllers/admin/templates/customers/helpers/view/view.tpl:

Change line 33 to this:

<div class="panel-heading" data-toggle="collapse" href="#col_user" aria-expanded="false" aria-controls="col_user">

Change line 50 to this:

<div class="form-horizontal collapse" id="col_user">

Now go to your Back Office > Customers > click on a customer and the first top left panel (the one with customer name and email address) should be collapsed and if you click on it, it will expand.

Repeat what I have done for the rest of the panels :)

Edited by Catalin Scaesteanu (see edit history)

Hey Catlin, many thanks for your reply. Looks promising. I will have a play around with that 

No problem.

I went ahead and wrote a blog post about this issue. It can be found here: http://premiumpresta.com/blog/how-to-compress-data-in-customer-information-page-for-prestashop-v1-6/

You can also download the file with the full changes to the customers information page which is available there.

I hope it's ok with you that I mentioned you on my blog post. Maybe this will help other prestashop users facing the same problem too.

• Like 1

You are an absolute star Many thanks, works like a dream

Another problem going forward may not be so easily solved. That is the time taken to bring down this data. When I click on the customer page it can take quite a time to update. But that can be a problem for another day (ideally the page would not download any data until the tab is clicked to expand it)