trouble removing white background (behind pictures) of category/subcategory

donatale

Hi,

I am building my first website and encountered a problem - scene pictures on category have white background and i am struggling to remove it or make it transparent. Please if anyone could guide me where to find part of the code.. i tried css and sass folders editing global css, category css and many other files (google chrome inspect element) with no luck and afraid to mess everything up. would appreciate any help.
link 
https://donatale.com/index.php?id_category=27&controller=category

also i have no idea how to remove white background from controllers ? like https://donatale.com/index.php?controller=sitemap ?

my another problem is  https://donatale.com/index.php?id_cms_category=1&controller=cms  how to add meta describtion to this link ? it doesnt appear in CMS or SEO and URL in prestashop and i struggle to find the file where to add needed meta description.
Would appreciate any help
Thanks

Edited by donatale (see edit history)

Hi about the no 1

The image incorporate the white color to fit the standard size because you are using jpg

If you go to your backoffice->preferences->images

You can see the size define for the category  (you can add custom sizes ) and you need to change to png to use transparente instead jpg wich use  white to fill then regenerate the categories images

Thank you for reply

Hi about the no 1

The image incorporate the white color to fit the standard size because you are using jpg

If you go to your backoffice->preferences->images

You can see the size define for the category  (you can add custom sizes ) and you need to change to png to use transparente instead jpg wich use  white to fill then regenerate the categories images

i am not trying to make image transparent, i just want the white filling gone from both sides if i use smaller image (when subcategories enabled and i upload for category image + thumbnail image it anyway uses category image for both which is smaller in width). so i end up having proper size image on the first category, but when i enter subcategory the image appears very small width with white filling in both sides.
then again if i use scene sized wide image 817 x 217  it doesnt look good for first category, but looks good for subcategory.

I dont understand why there are 2 images to upload for category and for thumbnails when thumbnails image is never shown..
thats why i am trying to remove that white background filling when image is too small from category/subcategory image block.. 

Edited by donatale (see edit history)

Let me see

Prestashop take your image and create many images  based on the sizes the preferences

When you call a image you use the name of the image size are in the backoffice

When the image dont fit the size use white to fill in case you use a smaller image. The white is not code is the new image 

You can see and change the categories images manuall on 

img/c directory