[Free Module] PS Rocket Lite - Speed up your shop.

Hello All,

I've been working on a new caching module for Prestashop for some time and I'm finally ready to release the beta lite version. 

My main goal was to provide a module that speeds up Prestashops page load times significantly without causing too much impact on other modules. This meant a module with zero or very minimal overrides. Currently the module has no overrides which makes it easy to install and try with no risk to your store. 

How Ps Rocket works?

When any person visits a page on your website Ps Rocket saves that page to your web servers hard drive, then any other visitor viewing the same page in the future will get the saved page directly from your servers hard drive rather than having to call the database a bunch of times. This makes the page load times significantly faster.

Configuration

None. Currently the module will cache all pages for 24 hours and cannot be configured in any way. I do however have plans to include options and they will definitely be included for version 1.0.

Current Feature List

• Caches all pages to hard drive allowing faster page load time.
  • Cache can be cleared using the standard prestashop "clear cache" button on the performance page.
  • Cache is cleared when you update Products, Categories, etc.

Compatibility

1.5.4 onwards. It may work with the lower 1.5's but its not tested.

Pro Version Plans

I do have plans to release a pro version of the module which will include more features such as:

• Image lazy loading
  • Lazy loading dynamic content (Viewed Products Module, etc)
  • Image optimization using reSmush.it or Kraken.io if you wish.
  • CSS Optimization (including splitting css files if they meet the IE selector limit). 

psrocketlite.zip

Thanks,

Lee.

Edited by leemarkwood (see edit history)
  • Like 6

hi!

I have some doubts if you have some specific rules by customer or groups... The same page will be displayed for all ?

• Like 1

Hi,

the module works very well, but I think it is necessary to periodically update some cached pages.
index, news, prices drop,..... they always show the same products.
This pages shown colums random products some stores.

Sorry, mi english is bad.

Hi, leemarkwood. From my experience, I've found some issues with your cache module:

- The product sorting options from products_list doesn't work

- The module somehow modified the way CCC worked with CSS, coz some CSS rules from certain files were not loaded

- Don't trust me too much on this one coz I panicked once this happened and didn't have the time to doublecheck it (uninstalled the module), but somehow the module managed to modify the html structure by taking it from similar smarty templates. I was trying to see what had happened since the div's structure was a chaos. I.e., from Chrome's console I was seeing something like <div id="1"><div id="2"><div id="3"></div></div></div> when in fact the smarty template was something like <div id="4"><p class="real_one"><span class="hard_to_believe"></span></p></div>

o_0

So far those are the issues I've found.

Hi, leemarkwood. From my experience, I've found some issues with your cache module:

- The product sorting options from products_list doesn't work

- The module somehow modified the way CCC worked with CSS, coz some CSS rules from certain files were not loaded

- Don't trust me too much on this one coz I panicked once this happened and didn't have the time to doublecheck it (uninstalled the module), but somehow the module managed to modify the html structure by taking it from similar smarty templates. I was trying to see what had happened since the div's structure was a chaos. I.e., from Chrome's console I was seeing something like <div id="1"><div id="2"><div id="3"></div></div></div> when in fact the smarty template was something like <div id="4"><p class="real_one"><span class="hard_to_believe"></span></p></div>

o_0

So far those are the issues I've found.

Thanks for the feedback. 

I've changed the way the module caches the pages slightly which should make the module more reliable when it comes to different page versions. e.g. Categories with more than one page. 

The module doesn't touch the html structure so I'm not sure why you would get those results.

Give the new version a try. The problems you mentioned above have now been resolved. 

• Like 1

Hi,

Tested your modlule, this is what i see.

#1. EU Cookie is also cached this means that after a visitor accepts cookies from site it stays alert in cached folder and on website.

#2. I use Store manager ( external application to manage my shop /Emagicone,) by changing mass pricing our products it doesnt effect in real time, when i delete manual your cached folder on the server and uninstall your module then the changes effect direct on real time.

Further i nice module.

Hope you can fix it :)

dmr-electronics-1412798367.jpg

Hi,

Tested your modlule, this is what i see.

#1. EU Cookie is also cached this means that after a visitor accepts cookies from site it stays alert in cached folder and on website.

#2. I use Store manager ( external application to manage my shop /Emagicone,) by changing mass pricing our products it doesnt effect in real time, when i delete manual your cached folder on the server and uninstall your module then the changes effect direct on real time.

Further i nice module.

Hope you can fix it :)

Thanks for testing my module. 

#1 What cookie module are you using? if it's a free one. I'd like to take a look at how it's coded.

#2 Store Manager makes changes directly on the database so no prestashop code is called. The only way to clear the cache is manually by going to "Advanced Parameters" > "Performance" then click Clear Cache. If you do this after you make your changes. Everything will be fine. The module does however remove cached items if you edit them within the Prestashop interface.

The EU cookies it really is a problem, if visitor return to init page eu cookie is always there.

What cookie module are you using?

Hi, Leemarkwood. Some CSS rules are still not being loaded. These come from modules CSS overrides within the theme folder in case if might help you out to find the problem.

Best regards,

Moises Garcia.

Hi, Leemarkwood. Some CSS rules are still not being loaded. These come from modules CSS overrides within the theme folder in case if might help you out to find the problem.

Best regards,

Moises Garcia.

What version of prestashop are you using?

I've tested the module on 1.6.1.0 with the default theme but I haven't been able to reproduce the bug you are seeing. Are you using a custom theme? Are you able to tell which module are not getting their css?

I've moved the conflicting CSS rules to global.css so that this problem doesn't occur :).

The only reason I could think of is one of your modules was using the same hook as I'm using to inject the css files and as a result is not getting them.

Going to be doing some extensive updates to this module soon mainly to allow fine grained configuration.

• Like 1

Hello,

How do I know if the module work?

Your store load time will be quicker but it does not work for logged in users currently. So make sure you are logged out or you will not see any difference.

Your store load time will be quicker but it does not work for logged in users currently. So make sure you are logged out or you will not see any difference.

Thank you,

How often should I clear my cache to make sure new thing are display correctly?

When you edit certain things such as Products, Categories, etc they should get refreshed at that point but this currently will not effect related pages. e.g. if you edit a product and the product also appears on your home page. The home page won't be refreshed. 

Current the global cache clear time is set for 24 hours. If you wish to clear the cache before then you can click "clear cache" on the "Advanced Parameters > Performance" page.

When you edit certain things such as Products, Categories, etc they should get refreshed at that point but this currently will not effect related pages. e.g. if you edit a product and the product also appears on your home page. The home page won't be refreshed. 

Current the global cache clear time is set for 24 hours. If you wish to clear the cache before then you can click "clear cache" on the "Advanced Parameters > Performance" page.

Okay, thank you, great MODULE.

Added a fix for this cookie module.

Hello,

I finaly had time to test your EU fix.

Eu cookie is not working good with your module.

Every time you ask a different product page, the EU cookie pops up.

Meaning. Your fix only work once a page our category is cached with your module. When entering a different category then the cached one it will pop up again.

I think for successing your module to work, you need to fix this cause its a hard rule in EU to have this cookie warning installed on webshops. And on a manor showing once and not everytime.

Edited by razaro (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Great module!  

I am on a shared host and dont use any CDN and of course wont be able to install alternative PHP cache on the server, or similar stuff, so its limited how fast i can make my site go. 

But with your module i was able to take my site from 83 to 92 in google pagespeed! Nice work... 

Edited by robotzki (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I finaly had time to test your EU fix.

Eu cookie is not working good with your module.

Every time you ask a different product page, the EU cookie pops up.

Meaning. Your fix only work once a page our category is cached with your module. When entering a different category then the cached one it will pop up again.

I think for successing your module to work, you need to fix this cause its a hard rule in EU to have this cookie warning installed on webshops. And on a manor showing once and not everytime.

EU cookie in combination with PS Rocket is not working correct. even with the proposed fix it isnt.

Anyone has a solution for this. if not its better not to use PS Rocket lite module. when you are inside the EU.

• 4 weeks later...

EU cookie in combination with PS Rocket is not working correct. even with the proposed fix it isnt.

Anyone has a solution for this. if not its better not to use PS Rocket lite module. when you are inside the EU.

Its been a while since this was posted and I had stopped work on this for a while but I'll take a look at it.

Its been a while since this was posted and I had stopped work on this for a while but I'll take a look at it.

Hi Lee,

Its about this module ( European Union Cookies Law v1.6.5  ) https://mypresta.eu/modules/front-office-features/european-union-cookie-law.html

If you have a fix iam happy to test again. My shop is based version 1.6.1.3 

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

This seems to be working perfectly on my shop. Brought my load time from 8s down to 2s.

If my shop products/pages do not change often, is it possible to set the clear cache further into the future?

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...