Which linux distribution suitable for development of Prestashop

Hi,

I am using ubuntu linux distribution with lampp for development using virtual machine for prestashop.

I want to know which linux distribution we can use other ubuntu like centOs,fedora,red hat.

Can we install lampp on centOs.

The speed of prestashop and php applications on linux is much faster than windows.

Anyone had used any other linux distribution for development environment?

spacer.png

Edited by Zohaib-fk (see edit history)

All of them are suitable. Take one of the latest distributions with actual scriptings. I used debian too. What you can install AND HOW on wich linux distribution, you should follow the tutorials of each sepcific distribution.

Some times it is better to install each package solely instead of a pre-configured LAMP or LEMP version.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Hi ,

Thanks for information. You suggest separate installation for php,mysql is better than LAMPP right?

My experience is doing changes in php.ini file or mysql config from lampp will be easy.
Separate package installation provide better security or LAMPP?

PrestaShop Tutorials Videos [How to do Tasks]

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/907438-prestashop-tutorials-videos-how-to-do-tasks/

I don't think that your local virtual machine is connected to the net ? If yes, sure you can use, but without connection to the internet, nobody will have access to your page. Normal virtualbox is only for internal network testing, I don't recommend to use a local machine for as a server substitute. Independent of if it has internet connection or not. A server is a server, and the prices of this hardware is not low cost. It has to fulfill some other work as a local PC.

Local virtual machine is connected to internet.I am agree server machine and server design for better performance.

In virtualization world one server has many virtual machines running on single PC.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/907438-prestashop-tutorials-videos-how-to-do-tasks/

Hi,

Which version of LAMPP you are using? I am using Ubuntu 14.4 and LAMP 1.8.3 with PHP5.

I want to use PHP 5.3 version on ubuntu but version 1.8 has graphical user installation using .run file and PHP version 5.5 version.

GUI installation automaically put lampp folder inside /opt/lampp folder,in case other version we need to put lampp folder inside /opt/lampp folder manually.