Problem with Memcached (Prestashop 1.6.1.0)

Dear all,

--- Technical information ---
Prestashop version: 1.6.1.0
Server: Ubuntu Linux x86_64 14:04
Webserver: Apache
PHP version: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.11
Memory limit: 1024M
Max execution time: 0
MySQL version: 5.5.43-0ubuntu0.14.04.1
MySQL engines: MyISAM
Memcached version: (see screenshot)

--- / Technical information ---

I have upgraded my site that have been using Prestashop, from version 1.6.0.14 to version 1.6.1.0. At version 1.6.1.0 I try to use Memcached, but the result is odd, as follows:

1. Based on the analysis by using Newrelic, "Web Transactions response time" will increase (poor condition, relatively slow loading website) if Memcached enabled (see "Web Transactions response time" screenshot and "memcached Settings" screenshot). But if Memcached is disabled, then "Web Transactions response time "decreased (good condition, relatively fast loading website).

2. When I open two or more "product category pages" (eg categories A, B, and C) and using "Block Layered Navigation" module, then shown on website is the same products, but different product category. Seems to be the problem with its cache.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

For a while, I disable Memcached. I hope anyone can help me.

Thank you.

post-37452-0-58114400-1437460570_thumb.jpg

post-37452-0-64993500-1437460564_thumb.jpg

post-37452-0-25400200-1437460561_thumb.jpg

post-37452-0-25400200-1437460561_thumb.jpg

post-37452-0-64993500-1437460564_thumb.jpg

post-37452-0-58114400-1437460570_thumb.jpg

Edited by array064 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

That article is 5 years old. There are better faster caching methods, memcache was never really designed to be used with one single server it was designed to be used across an array of servers.

Based on my temporary observations, here are the results after using Opcache and APCu:

- Opcache [enabled] + APCu [disabled] -> stable

- Opcache [enabled] + APCu [enabled] -> unstable (sometimes websites can be opened quickly, sometimes websites can not be opened, or sometimes appear messy).

Opcache and APCu configuration that I use, is as follows:

post-37452-0-58426000-1437880862_thumb.jpg
post-37452-0-44045700-1437880853_thumb.jpg

Additional information:

CPU Server:12 cores (Intel Xeon)
RAM: 8 GB

Do you have any suggestions for APCu and Opcache configuration?

For a while I just use opcache

post-37452-0-44045700-1437880853_thumb.jpg

post-37452-0-58426000-1437880862_thumb.jpg

Edited by array064 (see edit history)

From what i can understand, we are both facing the same issue with Blocklayered navigation when cache is active.

As i understand, 1.6.1.0 should have huge improvements on the cache, but it seems like it is more broken than 1.6.0.9 where it works fine.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/459678-blocklayered-navigation-not-working-with-cache-active/

I recently installed a new prestashop 1.6.1.0 and eveything was fine until i activated APC cache i found out that when i visited one category and wanted to use the layered navigation it will always return the same products, even if the category was supposed to be empty.

At first i Thought this could be a issue with my template, so i made a clean install and tested, with the same result.

Test case:

1. Clean prestashop install

2. activate SEO friendly URL and APC cache (or filesystem cache).

3. Visit "women" category. 7 articles are listed

4. Select "Tank tops" in block layered navigation, it says there is only 2 products but it continues to show all 7.

5. Go to "T-shirts" in top navigation, and you will still see the 7 products.

I have checked how blocklayered.php work and from what i can see it seems like it is have a cache of the productlist.tpl that i can not explain.

The category view works fine, if blocklayered is uninstalled, both with/without cache that i find pretty odd.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

2. When I open two or more "product category pages" (eg categories A, B, and C) and using "Block Layered Navigation" module, then shown on website is the same products, but different product category. Seems to be the problem with its cache.

I have the same (No.2) issue that you have.

But I use OpCache and have unable APCu, Memcache and Memcached. I've tried all of them three plus FileSystem and I get the same issue. My guest? Something is wrong with "layered navigation module".

So try FileSystem and those which you already have unable because using APCu, I think, is not going to help.

I'm trying to add an issue in here:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-3176?jql=text%20~%20%22layered%22

Maybe you got it solve, if you did please let me know how.

Thanks.

No Error message are founds with "MODE_DEV true".

When I disable "Layered navigation block" my categories works fine with all caching system.

I opened this issue:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/NM-617

Same issue was reported on august 03:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/NM-574

Please VOTE! and support.

*Github: https://github.com/PrestaShop/blocklayered

**Updating to 1.6.1.1 doesn't solve the issue.

Edited by carras (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello All,

sorry to jump so late on this old thread. 

What cache are you recommending to use on a ps 1.6 ? 

I have tried to enable APCu and Opcache. I have even installed dh42' Opcache manager,  sees Opcache activated but Cache hit ratio it's 0%.

In that article says about memcached but I didn't find any reference about setting this a server for this .

Thank you

Daniel

I use ps 1.6.1.15