CSV import issue not updating products. [SOLVED]

photographer

I have been trying for the past two days to update my product prices through csv.  I used to update product prices easily.  But I can´t manage to get it to work now. 

I have a csv with only three columns, ID, NAME and PRICE (tax included)

I have tried ticking force ID´s and leaving it blank, and the result is always the same. After mapping columns and pressing okay, i get sent back to the CVS import page without any warnings, errors, or messages.

I can add new products, I just can get it to change the existing ones.  I get a feeling that this is done so that people purchase an paid module. 

Please help me understand what is happening.  I am digging through files to find the user name and password for the domain so that I can enable error reporting (though I don´t remember the excact file I must edit to achieve this).

Anyhow I appreciate any help of any kind in this situation , and do apologize if it is the wrong area to post this.

Thanks.

Edited by photographer (see edit history)

What is your prestashop version ?

Please go to B.O > Advanced Parameters > Configuration Information

Copy-paste all info in "Server information " block

Are you update your prestashop recently ?

I am isun 1.6.0.6, here is config info:

Información

Utilice esta información al reportar errores o problemas en el foro

Información del servidor

Información del servidor: Linux #1 SMP Thu Dec 18 06:49:17 EST 2014 x86_64

Versión del servidor web: Apache/2.4.12

Versión de PHP: 5.4.37

Límite de memoria: 64M

Tiempo Máximo de ejecución: 120

Configuración de la base de datos

Versión de MySQL: 5.5.41-cll-lve

Motor MySQL: InnoDB

Prefijo de las tablas: ps_

Información de la tienda

Versión de PrestaShop: 1.6.0.6

Enlace de su tienda: http://vidaom.com/vidaom/

Tema actual: default_estilo

Configuración de email

Modo de envío de emails: Utiliza la función email() de PHP

Sus datos

Navegador utilizado: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:39.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/39.0

Compruebe su configuración

Parámetros requeridos: ok

Parámetros opcionales: ok

I couldnt chabge my working directory to root.  About a year ago, when I tried, I got errors.  so I left it there where it lies now.  It may be time to try it again, and see if I dont get the same 500 error.   Could that be an issue? the fat that it is not in root directory?

THX.

I have a csv with only three columns, ID, NAME and PRICE (tax included)

I have tried ticking force ID´s and leaving it blank, and the result is always the same. After mapping columns and pressing okay, i get sent back to the CVS import page without any warnings, errors, or messages.

When mapping your csv file, the column data should be like this :

ID -> ID
Name -> Name
PRICE -> Price tax included

I'm not sure what you mean about "I have tried ticking force ID´s and leaving it blank ... "

If you want to update product price, then "Force all ID numbers" option should be set to "YES" and your CSV file should contains Product ID's.

Ensure the option value of "Lines to skip" is set to 1 because your CSV file have a header [ ID | NAME | PRICE ]

Finally you can proceed to "Import CSV data".

Edited by gonebdg - webindoshop.com (see edit history)

When mapping your csv file, the column data should be like this :

ID -> ID
Name -> Name
PRICE -> Price tax included

YES, that is exactly how it is.  I have a configuration already saved so I can load it directly.  I have checked that the mapping is always correct.  I also Include all IDs.

I'm not sure what you mean about "I have tried ticking force ID´s and leaving it blank ... "

If you want to update product price, then "Force all ID numbers" option should be set to "YES" and your CSV file should contains Product ID's.

I mean that I have tried with forcing all IDS yes and no. 

I am running out of options.

Though I am aware the coorect format is Force all ids YES.

I will enable error reporting to see what is happening.

I guess there is something wrong within your products database.
What is the previous version of your Prestashop before updated into v.1.6.0.6 ?

Please select one active product for testing purpose, make a note about its product ID.
Go to B.O > Advanced Parameters > SQL Manager
Create and run following SQL queries (in this example id_product = 1):
SQL query Name : getProductData
SQL query :

SELECT id_product, id_shop_default, price, wholesale_price FROM ps_product WHERE id_product = 1

SQL query Name : getProductShopData
SQL query :

SELECT id_product, id_shop, price, wholesale_price FROM ps_product_shop WHERE id_product = 1

copy-paste the SQL query result in here (pre-update-price).

Then try to update the price of selected product with CSV import
Run again the SQL queries above.
copy-paste the SQL query result in here (post-update-price).

I did What you told me to, here are the results. 

Pre-update:

getProductData: 

id_product id_shop_default price wholesale_price 1200 1 0.000000 0.000000

getProductShopData:

id_product id_shop price wholesale_price 1200 1 0.000000

Post update:

getProductData:

id_product id_shop_default price wholesale_price 1200 1 200.000000 0.000000

getProductShopData:

id_product id_shop price wholesale_price 1200 1 200.000000 0.000000

As you can see the prace was updated!!!

ALAS!  Here is what happened: I tried updating prices with a dollar symbol included.  I was fool not to check that all my prices were in the '$price' form.  I want to thank you all for the support that led me to realize that it was a mistake from my part that was causing the problem.  

Thanks for the support and have a good day!

• 6 months later...

Hi, me too have problem ith importing products. 

I check columns, i click button ".CSV IMPORT" then i show this image post-1119372-0-80045700-1453715427_thumb.png

Then when i go to products it doesn't show me product imported. 

The strange fact is that it functions until 2minutes ago. 

Please help me 

Does anyone have a solution for this issue? I have the exact same problem. Everything works out just fine, the .csv is succssfully imported, but no products appear in the products' list or in the shop. 

It's not possible to have to insert manually thousands of products. There has to be a way to solve this fetching issue. 

Please!!! Someone reply!!!!

I just noticed that not only the products are not updated after csv import, but some of the existing products in the shop are also overridden by products in the .csv file. How is this even possible?

Does anyone know what I should do in this situation? It is absolutely nerve racking, as I have to keep deleting products. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hello, 

Thank you for your reply. I didn't receive a notification, which is why my answer comes so late. 

I tried different methods. I did it with the `Force all ID numbers` option enabled and disabled, the option `use product reference as key` enabled and disabled and so on. The message I get is always the same: that the transfer has been successful (in green). However, none of the products are actually imported. From what I can understand, the system cannot fetch the products I am trying to import, which I wouldn't know how to solve.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.  

My problem when I saw succesfull update was that i had alredy imported product with the same ID. It provabilly that you have some product with the same id you want to import

• 4 weeks later...

Hello... so please explain better: are you saying that's impossible to UPDATE existing products?

OR, If you're forced to autoincrement the ID's ... do you need to UPDATE creating new IDs and before deleting the existing ones by option?

but this is unbelievable... 'cause it may create issues with 1) changed friendly urls 2) sitemap to Google & co. 3) shopping feed to sales channels...

are you sure that it doesn't update the existing products?

Thanks

Edited by mmsh (see edit history)