CMS block module (footer) not working

Hi there, for some reason the footer information is not correctly displayed on both of my sites - www.sangado.bg and www.sangado.com . None of the selected in the backoffice CMS pages displays as a link there. Tried with reset and reinstall, no change. PS is 1.6.0.9 . Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi, same problem here.

It seems it happened after "automatic updating the module" BlockCMS

After lot of working we could see it in the Left column, but as "Mnmak" says it doesn't appear in the footer.

For us it displays only "INFORMATION" without any CMS link

Maybe something in the new implementation is wrong.

Please help, thanks !

http://www.kissene.com/en/

any chance to see the url?

Yep, it's the one I've already put it but anyway

http://www.kissene.com/en/

as you can see the CMS on the bottom of the left column are displayed instead in the footer are not, only the word INFORMATION (the second one) although in the Back-office are checked to be displayed.

This is happening (maybe I could be wrong) after have updated the module with the automatic procedure

I see that someone else is having the same problem

Do we have to install the "original" module in the meantime we wait the correction ?

Hi NNGNews, Where is this "original" module? Have you got it working, please give more info. Thanks!

Hi NNGNews, Where is this "original" module? Have you got it working, please give more info. Thanks!

Sorry maybe I could be misunderstood, I mean the "native" one.

For example we have the 1.6.0.11 installed and we have the backup of the one we had installed (in March) so we could copy the CMS folder from there while expecting the correction

Sorry maybe I could be misunderstood, I mean the "native" one.

For example we have the 1.6.0.11 installed and we have the backup of the one we had installed (in March) so we could copy the CMS folder from there while expecting the correction

Could you please tell me, which exactly folder you replace in order to get it working?

Could you please tell me, which exactly folder you replace in order to get it working?

We didnt' do it yet, it's only a suggestion that could solve the problem.

As we already said We were thinking about Upload the BlockCms folder from the "original" 1.6.0.11 installation, but we didn't do it for now, we still have the problem on site (CMS displayed only on the left column but not in the footer).

We still waiting for Vekya or someone else better solution or suggestion.

Obviously the problem is in the lattest update. I replaced the module's folders in /modules and in /theme/modules and it displays the links now, although the "INformation" section stays in right, instead of left, where it used to be. Is there another place the module puts files or folders, so I could replace them too? Please see what I mean at www.sangado.com and www.sangado.bg . How could I send the Information section back in left? Tried to delete it and create a new block in the left - did not help. I suppose the latest update of the module has messed up the css altogather - I have a strange change in the last step of the order process as well.

it is a cache problem....

if you return the non cached version in the footer hook ( not a good idea, just a quick fix). everything works fine

public function hookFooter()
	{
		if (!($block_activation = Configuration::get('FOOTER_BLOCK_ACTIVATION')))
			return;

/*if (!$this->isCached('blockcms.tpl', $this->getCacheId(BlockCMSModel::FOOTER)))
		{*/
			$display_poweredby = Configuration::get('FOOTER_POWEREDBY');
			$this->smarty->assign(
				array(
					'block' => 0,
					'contact_url' => 'contact',
					'cmslinks' => BlockCMSModel::getCMSTitlesFooter(),
					'display_stores_footer' => Configuration::get('PS_STORES_DISPLAY_FOOTER'),
					'display_poweredby' => ((int)$display_poweredby === 1 || $display_poweredby === false),
					'footer_text' => Configuration::get('FOOTER_CMS_TEXT_'.(int)$this->context->language->id),
					'show_price_drop' => Configuration::get('FOOTER_PRICE-DROP'),
					'show_new_products' => Configuration::get('FOOTER_NEW-PRODUCTS'),
					'show_best_sales' => Configuration::get('FOOTER_BEST-SALES'),
					'show_contact' => Configuration::get('FOOTER_CONTACT'),
					'show_sitemap' => Configuration::get('FOOTER_SITEMAP')
				)
			);
		/*}
		return $this->display(__FILE__, 'blockcms.tpl', $this->getCacheId(BlockCMSModel::FOOTER));*/
		return $this->display(__FILE__, 'blockcms.tpl');// $this->getCacheId(BlockCMSModel::FOOTER));
	}

it is a cache problem....

if you return the non cached version in the footer hook ( not a good idea, just a quick fix). everything works fine

public function hookFooter()
	{
		if (!($block_activation = Configuration::get('FOOTER_BLOCK_ACTIVATION')))
			return;

/*if (!$this->isCached('blockcms.tpl', $this->getCacheId(BlockCMSModel::FOOTER)))
		{*/
			$display_poweredby = Configuration::get('FOOTER_POWEREDBY');
			$this->smarty->assign(
				array(
					'block' => 0,
					'contact_url' => 'contact',
					'cmslinks' => BlockCMSModel::getCMSTitlesFooter(),
					'display_stores_footer' => Configuration::get('PS_STORES_DISPLAY_FOOTER'),
					'display_poweredby' => ((int)$display_poweredby === 1 || $display_poweredby === false),
					'footer_text' => Configuration::get('FOOTER_CMS_TEXT_'.(int)$this->context->language->id),
					'show_price_drop' => Configuration::get('FOOTER_PRICE-DROP'),
					'show_new_products' => Configuration::get('FOOTER_NEW-PRODUCTS'),
					'show_best_sales' => Configuration::get('FOOTER_BEST-SALES'),
					'show_contact' => Configuration::get('FOOTER_CONTACT'),
					'show_sitemap' => Configuration::get('FOOTER_SITEMAP')
				)
			);
		/*}
		return $this->display(__FILE__, 'blockcms.tpl', $this->getCacheId(BlockCMSModel::FOOTER));*/
		return $this->display(__FILE__, 'blockcms.tpl');// $this->getCacheId(BlockCMSModel::FOOTER));
	}

Hi Pete78, thanks for your help. What should I do... I did not understand how do I crear the cache for it...

BTW, Any Idea where could I get the previous version of the module --- I believe it is 2.0.4?

Version 2.04 did not solve the problem for me.

To apply the quick workaround, go to /modules/blockcms/ and edit blockcms.php

Find method 

1. public function hookFooter()

and adapt it to the code I posted.

Version 2.04 did not solve the problem for me.

To apply the quick workaround, go to /modules/blockcms/ and edit blockcms.php

Find method 

1. public function hookFooter()

and adapt it to the code I posted.

I have a backup for 2.0.1 and this is what Im currently using, can ask the hosting for a more recent copy of the folders and replace it, but if I find the installation file for 2.0.4 would be best. Tried your workarround - replaced the code with the one you gave me but unfortunately it did not do anything - the Information section is still in right...Any suggestions? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here.

CMSblock v2.1.1 - did a de-installation, and a reset. Without a result.

You say the workaround is just a quick-fix not a good idea.

And it's in the prestaroot. A new version update for this module will overwrite this quick-fix eventually?

post-850717-0-08925500-1439454026_thumb.gif

• 1 month later...
Hi!

I have same problem. As I see, on the version1.6.1.0 the CMS-information block works but in version 1.6.1.1 there are some issues and it display no modification at all in the text, but continue to display on FO the same "Lorem Ipsum...", even if in the BO I changed the text, saved and it shows corectly the text. I have two websites and they use these two versions therefore I can see differences between them. I have no ideea how to fix it. Have anyone any suggestion?Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Please download the last version of prestashop which you were using from prestashop site lets say it was 1.6.0..14 once download open it go to module and make a zip of block cms then install it using add new module options ignore if you get update version warning , click reset settings and all done and if you want to remove from left column of somehere simply remove the hook