Discount for different products 1+1=2 products, Price rules for cart

Hello,

I own a shop that dropships products from various suppliers. If I receive an order for multiple products from the same supplier, I receive a shipping discount from the supplier. I would like that discount to benefit the customer. Today, I can only give the customer a discount if the purchase consists of more than one piece of product A.

Example 1

A shoppingcart consists of the following quantities from supplier 1:

1 x product A

1 x product B

[intention: to give a discount of 50 USD]

How the Price Rules works:

2 x product A

Result: discount of 50 USD for example

Then there is no discount. I still get the discount from my supplier and I would therefore like to give a discount on such an order. I tried to used Price Cart Rules and Price Rules for Catalogue. But I haven't found a way. By configuring individual discounts on a product, this is also not possible as the discount only includes product A for instance.

How can this be done?

In catalog price rules, set the "from qty" as 2, set your reduction then add a new condition group for supplier and select the desired supplier.

Then if more than 1 product from that supplier is ordered they will get the discount.

If you need this for more suppliers set up another catalog price rule.

Hope this helps

Hello Clint,

Thank you very much for your reply. I followed your guide but it still only works when adding 2 of the same product. When adding two different products from the same supplier, the discount is not applied. I don't understand that as the conditions should be correct from what you described. I think there is an error in PS.

Perhaps setting this up as a cart rule rather than a catlog rule would be more effective?

You could set conditions for minimum of 2 products and then add a rule concerning suppliers. Let me know how you get on if this doesn't work for you I'll write a tutorial on how to achieve this.

Hello Clint,

I initially tried with a cart rule but this didn't work so I tried with the category price rule. I think the issue is that the category price rule does not honour the principles/conditions that is set.

I can confirm that I can get this to work with a cart rule. Here's how I achieved it ;

Information column

Name: £50 off for buying 2 products from same supplier

Description: Left empty

Code: Left empty

Highlight: Yes

Partial use: No

Priority: 1

Conditions

Limit to single customer: Blank

Valid: From yesterday to a random date 2099

Minimum amount: 0

Total available: 999999

Total for each user:1

Product selection checked

This cart must contain 2 products

Add a rule concerning suppliers

Choose the supplier (you'll need to recreate this rule for each supplier)

Shop selection checked and appropriate shop selected (if multistore)

Then in actions set the discount

Hi, am pretty new here and don't know how to start a new thread. I have a problem with the catalog price rules...I set up a rule 2 weeks ago valid for 1 week....when that rules "week" ended I hoped that the rule (category discount" would disappear from my store...it's still there....I went to delete the rule in my back-end of prestashop...I deleted it...the discount still shows....what's going on? can anyone help me?

Hi, am pretty new here and don't know how to start a new thread. I have a problem with the catalog price rules...I set up a rule 2 weeks ago valid for 1 week....when that rules "week" ended I hoped that the rule (category discount" would disappear from my store...it's still there....I went to delete the rule in my back-end of prestashop...I deleted it...the discount still shows....what's going on? can anyone help me?

This is a tricky one without seeing it. Can you post screenshots of your catalog price rule setup and the voucher still working?