How to implement non-Prestashop coming soon template

Hi,

I'm planning to start my first site soon but I want to implement a custom coming soon template I purchased (not a Prestashop module) with separate html, css, js, etc folders and files.  Being a newbie, I'm not sure how best to approach this as I'm concerned that there may be folders and files with the same names in the standard Prestashop install on the server and I would imagine that would confuse things.  I've talked with the hosting site and they've suggested that there may be a number of different options for me, most of which seem a bit convoluted to me.  Just wondering what experienced folks like yourselves might suggest as the best approach.

Thanks in advance!

I don't really know what you mean exactly. From my opinion, I used to install the store in www folder then copy all of its files/folders and paste them into a new folder inside the www folder. I would then bring in the template files and have them in the www folder. Your store becomes non-functional since you moved it to another folder inside the www folder but once you are ready, delete the template files, folders and cut paste from the store folder into www folder.

Good luck.

If this coming soon is just to be used until the store launches and not designed to replace your maintenance page then just keep it separate from PrestaShop. Point your domain at the Comming Soon page until the store is ready. When the store is ready change the domain to point at the store.

If you want to replace the maintenance page I did this for a friend's store but don't remember exact details. I think I just edited a tpl file and replaced the contents with a iframe to the web page he wanted as his maintenance page. This is probably not the correct way of doing this but it was fast and easy and got the job done.

Hi,

One way to inform visitors about website coming soon by putting shop in maintenance mode.

Show custom message and image  . I did for 404 page not found error page in prestashop.

PrestaShop Tutorials Videos [How to do Tasks]

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/907438-prestashop-tutorials-videos-how-to-do-tasks/

Edited by Zohaib-fk (see edit history)