Database Cleaner

Mispinked

Question

Dear all, I just started using Prestashop Cloud and has been playing around with the functions and modules. I am ready to start on a clean slate and hence decided to use Database Cleaner to wipe out all the content of the default shop.

I am currently using Prestashop v1.6.1.0.

I went to Modules and Services > Modules and Services > searched for Database Cleaner. I clicked "Install" and I was immediately brought to the Configuration page where I can choose to delete data from 2 sections - Catalog, and Customers' Orders.

I clicked to delete the Customers' Orders and went to check - it was wiped clean.

I clicked on Modules ..... again and searched for Database Cleaner, which was supposed to be "Installed" at this point, and I wanted to clean up the Catalog. But alas! I couldn't find that module anywhere!

So I went to do it the manual way - Delete Categories, products, attributes, tags, suppliers, manufacturers etc. So technically, it should be clean. But I opened the website, the products are still showing on the front page! I can even add them to cart. The only difference is the product pages are all pointing to the front page and I had already deleted all the categories and sub-categories.

Someone tell me what's going on and how I can rectify this problem please? Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Check on your back-office, tab modules, if you accidentally set a filter on the filter options. This could be why you don't see the module.

For the manually deleted things. Probably are you seeing a cached page. Delete the fache of your browser and also the smarty cache on tab: "advanced parameters -> performance -> on top green bar: "clear cache".