[solved] Getting more data from the getRandomSpecial function?

Hey All,

I'm trying to get the dates that a product is on special for, any ideas how I can do this? I began looking into the code and I couldn't see where this variable was. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is the function I was looking at:

static public function getRandomSpecial($id_lang, $beginning = false, $ending = false)
   {
       global    $link, $cookie;

$currentDate = date('Y-m-d');
       $result = Db::getInstance()->ExecuteS('
       SELECT p.*, pl.`description`, pl.`description_short`, pl.`link_rewrite`, pl.`meta_description`, pl.`meta_keywords`, pl.`meta_title`, pl.`name`, p.`ean13`,
           i.`id_image`, il.`legend`, t.`rate`

Thank you!

David

Any ideas?

I've been so stumped on this. Our Client wants the specials module on the home page to say "While stocks last", or "Offer ends 14/02/2010", however I want to check the properties on the product itself, the product's 'available from' and 'available to' fields, if the fields are equal I will say "While stocks last" if they are different then I will put the 'offer ends' date in.

I'm stumped with trying to figure out how I get php to give me those values from the getRandomSpecial function.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Found a solution which took me ages to find yet so simple, found out that the $specials variable links in with the mySql database and I could simply append any variable from the database there.

I simply added this code to the specials tpl file:

{if $special.reduction_from == $special.reduction_to}
While Stocks Last
{else}
{$special.reduction_to}
{/if}

Is it possible to do something like this in the tpl file?

{ $myVariable = $special.reduction_from}
Offer Ends {$myVariable}

Right now nothing comes up if I use $myVariable but it does if I use $special.reduction_from, would anyone share light on this for me? Thanks.

I don't understand why you are copying the variable, since you can simply use {$special.reduction_from}, but if you must copy the variable, you should use the following code:

{assign var='myVariable' value=$special.reduction_from}

Thanks rocky!

I was hoping to see if I could change the displayed date format (from Y-m-d to d-m-Y) simply by using a new variable and changing it's values, do you know where I could find out more information on this scripting language to do such a thing?

I know what it's like to have new users ask the most obviously answered questions, I appreciate your time.