Display atributes full text in cart

MilkSheikh

Hello all,

First of all I must say that I learn a lot of things through this forum and thanks to all contributors with more knowledge than people like me (I am absolutely not from a web devt background !) who help us a lot solving our daily issues.

I have done couple of research on the subjet and I am not yet able to find an answer to my issue.

In the cart, when products are added, the atributes are displayed only with their quantities and I would like the full text to appear.

For exemple, on a product page where clients can chose a kids and an adults rate, the cart would only summarize the product like that

1 x Waterpark tickets
3, 1
• 1x On 23/07/2015

$150

My question, is what do I need to do so as in the cart we can read the attribute full description like this:

1 x Waterpark tickets
Adults: 3 , Kid: 1
• 1x On 23/07/2015

$150

I assume the modification should be somewhere in themes/yourtheme/modules/blockcart/blockcart.tpl but I am not sure what is the line to change there and what to add.

Thanks

Edited by MilkSheikh (see edit history)

In themes/YOUR-THEME/modules/blockcart/blockcart.tpl around line 70 you should find this line

<a href="{$link->getProductLink($product, $product.link_rewrite, $product.category, null, null, $product.id_shop, $product.id_product_attribute)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Product detail' mod='blockcart'}">{$product.attributes_small}</a>

Try changing it to 

<a href="{$link->getProductLink($product, $product.link_rewrite, $product.category, null, null, $product.id_shop, $product.id_product_attribute)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Product detail' mod='blockcart'}">{$product.attributes}</a>

• Like 1

Hello Mickeyboy1,

That worked !! Thanks so much, I ve been struggling with that for couple of days !

HOWEVER, this had 2 unwanted effects: 

- it only shows after refreshing the page, not when adding the product to the cart the first time

- it removes the line for the product customization in the cart (date selection for the activity, through a 3rd party module)

Any idea why did this happen?...

I found the answer to one of my questions:

- it only shows after refreshing the page, not when adding the product to the cart the first time : 

For that I had to go to theme/modules/blockcart/blockcart-json.tpl  and replace

"attributes": {$product.attributes_small|json_encode}

by

"attributes": {$product.attributes|json_encode}

However still curious about my other question

- it removes the line for the product customization in the cart (date selection for the activity, through a 3rd party module)

Edited by MilkSheikh (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...