Upgraded to 1.6.1 and visitor prices don't include tax.

Hi all,

I just upgraded to 1.6.1 and the prices shown to visitors are shown without vat and the "tax included" sign.

The problem is that in 1.6.1 (as i also read elsewhere), the rollback function is not working either, so i m unable to rollback.

Any ideas what should i do ?

P.S.

If someone registers and puts an address, prices are shown normally with taxes and the "tax included" sign.

P.S.1

Checked the "Visitors" section, price display method is set at "Tax included"

Thanks!

• Like 1

Taxes in Prestashop are always based on the customers address providing during checkout.  Prestashop does NOT work based on IP address or GEO location.

So until the customer provides an address and performs checkout, how could Prestashop calculate Taxes?

• Like 1

I have been using prestashop for a couple of years now and been through various versions.

Taxes were always there regardless of the address and checkout. You could just browse the e-shop and look at the products displayed with the VAT.

The GEO location was always off as it doesn't always work correctly and still, every visitor would see the GREEK taxes, as i am based in Greece.

After they provided an address, if there were within EU they would have to pay the Greek taxes and if they were outside the EU they would not have the Greek VAT.

Now, all taxes are gone for visitors together with the "tax included" sign.

I have been using prestashop for a couple of years now and been through various versions.

Taxes were always there regardless of the address and checkout. You could just browse the e-shop and look at the products displayed with the VAT.

The GEO location was always off as it doesn't always work correctly and still, every visitor would see the GREEK taxes, as i am based in Greece.

After they provided an address, if there were within EU they would have to pay the Greek taxes and if they were outside the EU they would not have the Greek VAT.

Hi, maybe I missed above, can you please check customers-->groups-->edit visitors group.  what is price display method?

Hi, maybe I missed above, can you please check customers-->groups-->edit visitors group.  what is price display method?

Hi, Price Display Method: Tax Included

No matter what i set, Tax Included or Tax Excluded, it just shows prices without tax and no mention about tax.

I also had this problem and I found a workaround, which is only practical if you have a smaller amount of products in the shop as this solution requires you to go into every product and reselect the tax (and yes, you can probably solve this by a SQL statement). But hopefully this helps.

What I did was I went into Localiztion -> Tax rules and I clicked edit on my standard tax rule, noticed that it was only enabled for 27 countries, compared to the 244 I get if I create a new tax rule and use "All countries". I then just clicked "Save and stay". An error "Property TaxRulesGroup->date_add is not valid" is displayed. Again I went to Localization -> Tax rules and now there was a second copy of my standard tax rule that has been created when I just tried to edit and save my current standarad tax rule. This suggests it is a bug in PrestaShop 1.6.1.0 that occurs when editing tax rules that was created in older PS versions.

I now deleted my standard tax rules, both the original one and the one that got created in the above (NOTE! this will cause all products using that tax rule to get "No tax", so after this every product must be edited.)

Then I clicked "Add new tax rules group" (in the top of the screen on the Localization -> Tax rules page). I now recreated the standard tax rule that was previously deleted, using the same name and setting it to Enabled, then clicked "Save and stay". In the next box that appears below, I select "All countries" and select my standard tax in the Tax field (default is "No tax", so I had to change to a tax rate), then clicked "Save and stay".

After this I had to go into every product, and on the prices tab, I selected the newly created tax rule and saved the product. Now I get the correct tax for visitors also.

• Like 1

Perhaps you had made an customization, or perhaps you had a single tax rule configured that covered all of your countries/zones.

The point is PS will never just calculate tax without knowing HOW to calculate tax.  That is called Tax Rules.

Perhaps you had made an customization, or perhaps you had a single tax rule configured that covered all of your countries/zones.

The point is PS will never just calculate tax without knowing HOW to calculate tax.  That is called Tax Rules.

No customization, never messed with the Tax Rules. Been leaving it at default for years now. First Prestashop version with issues there.

Made a second install of my Prestashop to test, back-up/restored the products with tax rules etc, and everything works fine up to 1.6.0.14.

As soon as i upgrade to 1.6.1.0  taxes are gone again. No themes or modules in this setup, just products and product categories.

Edited by ane76 (see edit history)

I also had this problem and I found a workaround, which is only practical if you have a smaller amount of products in the shop as this solution requires you to go into every product and reselect the tax (and yes, you can probably solve this by a SQL statement). But hopefully this helps.

What I did was I went into Localiztion -> Tax rules and I clicked edit on my standard tax rule, noticed that it was only enabled for 27 countries, compared to the 244 I get if I create a new tax rule and use "All countries". I then just clicked "Save and stay". An error "Property TaxRulesGroup->date_add is not valid" is displayed. Again I went to Localization -> Tax rules and now there was a second copy of my standard tax rule that has been created when I just tried to edit and save my current standarad tax rule. This suggests it is a bug in PrestaShop 1.6.1.0 that occurs when editing tax rules that was created in older PS versions.

I now deleted my standard tax rules, both the original one and the one that got created in the above (NOTE! this will cause all products using that tax rule to get "No tax", so after this every product must be edited.)

Then I clicked "Add new tax rules group" (in the top of the screen on the Localization -> Tax rules page). I now recreated the standard tax rule that was previously deleted, using the same name and setting it to Enabled, then clicked "Save and stay". In the next box that appears below, I select "All countries" and select my standard tax in the Tax field (default is "No tax", so I had to change to a tax rate), then clicked "Save and stay".

After this I had to go into every product, and on the prices tab, I selected the newly created tax rule and saved the product. Now I get the correct tax for visitors also.

It appears you are right ! It must be a bug in Prestashop version 1.6.1.0

I didn't delete the tax rule, i just disabled it and made a new one, added all countries as you said

and selected the new tax rule in a product, voila ! prices on this product are back to normal (still missing the VAT included sign).

Since the taxes only apply for within EU and the products are too many.

Is there a way to make the original tax rules that stopped working, work again ?

If not, Is there a setting that would treat the "visitor" as someone coming from the origin country of the shop and display TAX at all times before someone decides to register ?

I played around with back-ing up and restoring the TAX rules from a fresh clean install of 1.6.1.0 which didn't work either

and eventually i tried importing the localization pack again....and it worked !!

Didn't do anything else, just import localization pack and everything is back to normal !

Thanks for your reply, it made me look in the right direction !

I played around with back-ing up and restoring the TAX rules from a fresh clean install of 1.6.1.0 which didn't work either

and eventually i tried importing the localization pack again....and it worked !!

Didn't do anything else, just import localization pack and everything is back to normal !

Thanks for your reply, it made me look in the right direction !

Hello Prestashop users,

I have some trouble but unfortunately this not helped me.

:-(

My problem:

For Visitor (All persons without a customer account or customers that are not logged in) prices show without TAX - it's Not GOOD.

For logged users prices show with TAX - it's OK.

In the BackOffice

Customers -> Groups -> Visitor

Price display method:

Tax included

Any ideas?

and

Looking forward for solution.

Thanks.

Thank you  bellini13 !

I have these Tax Rules:

1.EE Standard Rate (20%) - Active
2.EE Reduced Rate (9%) - Active
3.EE Foodstuff Rate (20%) - Active
4.EE Books Rate (9%) - Active

After reading this article I has myself add new Tax Rule for all countries:
5.EE Standard Rate (20%) - Active

but this not helped me unfortunately.

Just has  checked - my products use first Tax Rule - 1.EE Standard Rate (20%).

I have more than 3000 names of goods at the shop and I cant by hand change.

Bellini13, please lets me know how I can to Consider that if a visitors location cannot be determined, that 1-st tax rule should be used?

Thank you so much for attention!

Looking forward for your answer.

• Like 1

Hi,

I has tested three different computers ( win XPwin 7, win8.1/10). At the all I use Mozilla Firefox.

From win XP and win 7 for Visitor (All persons without a customer account or customers that are not logged in) prices show without TAX - NOT good.

But from one comuter with win 8.1/10 for Visitor prices show with TAX -it's GOOD.

If any know, I kindly ask to lets me know which setting(s) I must to change in the PrestaShop 1.6.1.0 that to see prices with TAX for Visitors from all computeers?

Thanks to all!

Hi,

I has found why Visitor price at the one browser without TAX and at the other browser with TAX.

In the Mozilla Firefox:

Open menu -> Options -> Content -> Languages(Choose...)

If select English [en] or Russian [ru] then Visitor price with TAX.

If select English [en-us] then Visitor price without TAX.

I kindly ask to lets me know, if it's possible, what I must change in the my Prestashop 1.6.1.0 that  for all languages (English [en], English [en-us], Russian [ru],....) will be displayed Visitor price with TAX.

Thank you.

Same problem. 

I was wondering if anybody from Prestashop is willing to help? The issue is very important for B2C businesses and deserve an attention. 

Did you bother to read through the thread and understand the issue?  It is your issue to solve by ensuring your tax rules are configured properly.

Hi all!

I has searching some times the best solution for our problem and now see that sm0rgm, 21 July 2015 - 10:37 AM is a best today.

In the sm0rgm method on restriction for me - I can't change by hand step by step TAX rules at the every item if them more 3000.

To automatic processing exchanging TAX RULES at the all goods I has find a free module - Tax Rule Assigner .

Many Thanks to Nemo's Post Scriptum for free module!!!

My Steps

1. At the Back Office (like learning from sm0rgm)     Localization -> Tax Rules -> Add new tax rules group
    -Fild 'Name':EE 20% for All
    -Fild 'Enable' : Yes
    -Fild 'Country' : All - it's most important  "All"
    -Fild 'Behavior' : This tax only
    -Fild 'Tax' :km EE 20% - it's my country TAX, you must put here your one TAX

2.Uploading and installing the free module Tax Rule Assigner.

3. in the module Tax Rule Assigner:

-Category: All

-Tax Rule: EE 20% for All

Now at the all computers and browsers I see goods with my country TAX (20%) at the my shop.

Yes, it's not best way but it's most easy for me today.

Thank you Very Much for Help!!

Edited by sassbar (see edit history)

Did you bother to read through the thread and understand the issue?  It is your issue to solve by ensuring your tax rules are configured properly.

Thank you for advice, however I'm no new to Prestashop and have checked everything before posting here. Tax rules set up properly. Any fresh ideas?

Thank you for advice, however I'm no new to Prestashop and have checked everything before posting here. Tax rules set up properly. Any fresh ideas?

In my case VAT shown properly when customer is logged in. However when watching as "visitor" - no VAT applied. Visitor group price display method "Tax included".

So what is your Tax rule?  You do realize that Tax rules work based on the visitors country?   And if a visitor has not registered, and you are not using GEO location, how would your tax rule know what country they are from?

I would suggest reviewing your tax rules again and confirm how it is configured.

Hi

Had the same issue, but looks like a new setting in the BO under Localization has appeared. 

Set "Set default country from browser language"  to "No" 

Fixed it for us.

Nick

I'm curious, when it was enabled, what was your default country and what was your browser language set to?  Are they different values?

Hi

Had the same issue, but looks like a new setting in the BO under Localization has appeared. 

Fixed it for us.

Nick

Thanks a ton man. I was struggling with this issue for 2 days, never had a problem with taxes all these years. Looks like a new option in Prestashop. Selecting country gave me the error Property TaxRulesGroup->date_add is not valid like some others in here were facing.

Edited by indus (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

this is a bug and I hope this will be solved very urgent, we can not use our new shop.

if we look as client without logged in, we see the prices as price tax excluded (the price vs tax excluded) is correct

but in our case we must always show for everybody prices tax INCLUDED.

since if a client logged in, and see the prices tax excluded, at end, when he have to pay, the price is still tax excluded, that's not correct at all.

I even changed all tax rules and set only 1 for all countries, show tax and include 21% tax. nothing seems to help.

so I really hope we get a solution very fast for that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Fixed it for us.

Nick

Teapot you are a LEGEND!

This is a daft setting because Firefox and Chrome, etc when first installed on a computer will default the language to English US

Edited by DJPhill (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

Guys I have risolved in this mode, go to Localization > Tax rules > click a tax for example US-AL Rate (4%) > Country click United States > State put Alabama > Tax put tax rates 4% AL.

I have resolved in this mode, It's taked 2 days... I had modified the file product.tpl ecc ecc ..

Uhmm seems that if the product has a different tax rate of the buyer it don't work.. I try and let you know

Edited by FedericoDM (see edit history)

• 3 years later...
On 7/20/2015 at 4:38 PM, bellini13 said:

Taxes in Prestashop are always based on the customers address providing during checkout.  Prestashop does NOT work based on IP address or GEO location.

So until the customer provides an address and performs checkout, how could Prestashop calculate Taxes?

Correct. The price will alter based on tax rule of product and correct locations set in back office. Prestashop is far superior to Opencart. I am using both.