Announcing PrestaShop 1.6.1.1

Xavier Borderie

We’ve had a lot of great feedback since the release of version 1.6.1.0 of PrestaShop. We are very happy to see that issues seem to be few, non-critical and fixable.

That being said, there are still issues here and there, and while the team is already at work on the next major version, we do not want to keep you waiting for fixes that might be important to you. Hence, we have decided to work on a patch version for PrestaShop 1.6.1.0 (as per our new SemVer-like versioning scheme).

Note: since this will be a patch version, it will only feature backwards-compatible bug fixes: no new feature, either major or minor, and most importantly no changes that are incompatible with the current API. Therefore, version 1.6.1.1 will be a very safe and easy upgrade from 1.6.1.0.

The release date is late August for now. There will be a testing phase (beta/RC), so that the PrestaShop Community can help us make sure everything is correctly fixed.

Read all about it in this article!

• Like 7

Hi, Will I be able to upgrade directly from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.1.1. ?  

I ran into a few issues when trying to upgrade to 1.6.1. on my test site. If yes I'll wait and see if my issues are fixed (i.e. navigation menu was not showing any drop downs unless I decreased the page size to 90%).

Hi, Will I be able to upgrade directly from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.1.1. ?  

I ran into a few issues when trying to upgrade to 1.6.1. on my test site. If yes I'll wait and see if my issues are fixed (i.e. navigation menu was not showing any drop downs unless I decreased the page size to 90%).

1.6.1.1 will be a very easy upgrade from 1.6.1.0 (I have amended the post about in light of this, thank you for the reminder).

Hence, I do advise that you first upgrade to 1.6.1.0 (major version), then upgrade to 1.6.1.1 (patch version).

Cheers,

-xb.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...