PHP processes slowing the site?

I have put two sites on Godaddy shared hosting (multi-site Linux hosting). Both are running deadly slow. When contacted to Godaddy support, they say that there are unwanted PHP processes running in the backend and that is the reason behind the site speed. And they suggested to kill the processes as a temporary solution. As a resolution, they said that you optimize your scripts which are creating PHP processes. I can even see that RAM usage reaches to max limit when there are number of processes. The processes is mostly "/usr/bin/php". Prestashop version I am using for both the sites is 1.6.0.11. Please guide how to fix the issue.

RAM is 512MB. The another issue we are facing is - when I am exporting product data or simply selecting 1000 products to be displayed at a time, the page takes too much time to process the finally displays 404 error. May be this issue is also linked with PHP processes issue? Please help; thanks in advance :)

512 MB + GoDaddy + 1000 products + Presta 1.6.0.11

Sorry i'm not trying to turn you down but you are dead literally !!!

For such load, you need at least 1/2 GB limit. In addition, the problem could be lying "mostly" somewhere else with caching, speeding etc.

Good luck.

Also ran PrestaShop on GoDaddy and had to move stores to another host -- single store, under 100 products, low traffic so pretty much the lightest possible and it was still really slow. GoDaddy shared hosting is not a good choice and don't even waste your time with their support as whoever you get on the phone is going to be clueless. 

• Like 1