[SOLVED] Category Content dissapeared after upgrading Layered Navigation to V2.0.13

After upgrading blocklayered / Layered Navigation Block to V2.0.13 last friday, my boss pointed out to me this morning that he couldn't find our products.

He thought it was him showing his age, unfortunately, that was not the case.

When going into a category, regardless which category, every category page came up with 'There are no products in this category'.

We have a couple of other websites that have been created from the same database (for certain reasons we decided not to go with a multistore setup, but with individual installations). These other sites run in catalogue mode, and don't require any real attention. The DB's are identical so it made no sense that our retail site was not displaying the content on the category pages, until of course I remembered doing an 'update all' last friday.

Since I did an 'update all' I didn't really pay attention to which modules needed updates.

So this morning I had the joy of figuring out what had happened, and then trying to sort it out.

I figured it out, but the only way I was able to sort it out was to disable Layered Navigation Block.

Has anyone else come across the same issue, and does anyone have suggestions / solutions?

PS 1.6.0.8

Edited by thijsvk (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

HI 

Please upgrade it to 2.1.0 version blocklayered module. But i am facing multiple issues.

Like : Filters are dispaying now but they are not filtering properly

2nd Issue : All catagories are now showing the same products.

Please suggest if anyone find solutions to it.

Https://dev.kitchenhues.in

Regards:

Monil Gupta

I belive both issue is because of you have some kind of cache (APC or maybe memcached) activated. I faced both issues recently but im not sure if it is a PS1.6.1.0 or a module issue.

I added a issue about it here https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/459678-blocklayered-navigation-not-working-with-cache-active/?hl=%2Bblocklayered

HI Caspar,

Thanks for explaining the issues. I am also facing the same issue.

I am not able to reset and delete the Layered Navigation Module. Seems some entries stuck in the table. Do you have any idea to clean database entries related to Layered Navigation block.

Error While Reset in Layered Navigation block Module :- 2 errors 

1. Cannot install this module.
  2. This module has already been installed.

I am not able to uninstall it also.

Regards:

Monil Gupta

Seems that part of the problem is the need to grant your MySQL user the 'Create Temporary Tables' privilege.

I've had my host add the privilege and at least now the products are displayed again. The next/new issue is that the filters are not displayed.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/453373-layered-navigation-disappears-in-front-end/

Edit:

It appears that the filters are back, however, they are all the way at the bottom in the left hand column, so present but 'invisible'.

The hunt goes on!

Edit II:

Go to positions > Run Live Edit > move the module up to where I want it.

IT WORKS!!!

Edited by thijsvk (see edit history)

Seems that part of the problem is the need to grant your MySQL user the 'Create Temporary Tables' privilege.

I've had my host add the privilege and at least now the products are displayed again. The next/new issue is that the filters are not displayed.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/453373-layered-navigation-disappears-in-front-end/

Edit:

It appears that the filters are back, however, they are all the way at the bottom in the left hand column, so present but 'invisible'.

The hunt goes on!

Edit II:

Go to positions > Run Live Edit > move the module up to where I want it.

IT WORKS!!!

IS APC or other cache method active under the performance tab ?