Combining Items

Ok, so you can create a product with different attributes that all have their own quantities in the inventory, thats all great but what about creating product combinations

as in you have item a, item b, and item c with ttheir own respective attributes and inventories..

what if you want to sell prepackaged "kits" of one of each item, allow them to choose the attributes, and draw on those respective inventory counts rather then list kits with their own inventory which obviously makes keeping inventory impossible.

Interesting... If it works properly could save me some rediculous code writing, just theming..

It doesn't look like a very powerful feature, does it allow them to choose attributes for an included item? is there a way to allow them to choose from a list of items, and set THAT items attribute as well?

like if you take a look at my site real quick to understand better.. I order from my manufacturer whole kits. So I would then break up those kits to be able to sell the individual parts, compeltely destroying my whole inventory count on both parts and kits making a whole effing mess for me.

You are right that the Pack option is not very powerful. You can't choose a product with a specific attribute combination or let the customer choose what is in the pack. It sounds like you've got very specific needs that I don't think you'd find in a shopping cart by default. Unfortunately, it looks like you've got a lot of coding ahead of you.

Wouldn't be bad if there weren't already a lot of coding behind me too

I'm just bad at putting it into words its actually not -that- complex.

The important thing that just saved me tons of work is that a "item bundling" framework IS there. Looks like it uses the default attributes which means it just doesn't pass on or look at those settings/variables at all (like just hitting "add to cart" right from the product listing page would do) I'm assuming if I study how the hell the code for this feature works it wouldn't be that difficult to add in an if attributes exist statement and dump the attribute selection code to smarty and pass those variables along on submit..

Thanks for pointing this out to me, lays the groundwork for yet another week's work *sigh*