Your bug reporting system has a bug!

I'm trying to report a bug, but it won't work.  So here it is:

customer uses the password recover link and then stays on that page while they retrieve their new password.  After logging in on same page they were before, the page simply refreshes and appears they still need to log in.  Refreshing the page proves they are already logged in.  Page should redirect to either a "success" message, or simply homepage would suffice.

Exact steps for reproduction sa follows:
1) go to webpage, click login
2) Click forgot password
3) enter address click retrieve password.  Don't close browser.
4) Click link in email message.  Close this browser window (leaving above still open - not sure if that matters or not, I'm just outlining my steps)
5) Get new password via email.  Go back to browser window from step 3 and use it to log in.
6) After clicking Sign in Above, page reloads as though you did nothing.  Customer is royally confused and frustrated after going through all those steps for nothing!  HOPEFULLY, at this point they try again (that works) or tries any other link on the page before giving up screaming.

Are you on 1.6.1?  Sorry I didn't mention that.  Info like that is built into the bug reporting system that isn't (or wasn't) working.

I'm on latest chrome.  100% reproducible for me.  Tried it in after clearing cookies and cache and no difference.

Sorry, cannot follow. Bugreport is http://forge.prestashop.com. Nothing related to the software. BTW I never used the option to report bugs from the back-office of Prestashop, but I think it does nothing, or there is no change if you use the URL or the link from back-office. The platform(link) you are redirected from back-office is the same and I cannot reproduce your issue.

The bug tracker link in 1.6 back office is the link I used, and it takes me to the same place (forge).  I used it a few times, but today it wouldn't work.  The labels ajax was frozen and I couldn't submit anything.    Maybe they have it sorted.  Maybe I'll try again.  I'm pissed at the full wasted day getting nowhere.

Sorry, if you think I'm blaming you. This not the case, I'm trying to solve your problem, cause it seems to be a local problem and not a bug. I cannot reconstruct in no one of my browsers your problem and also in no one of my machines (not windows, not linux).

I think your are using old java engine on your local machine, ajax problems are of course also related to outdated java engine.

I didn't mean you were blaming me... I was saying that your resolution presumes the blame is on the user.  in other words, as developers, we can't depend on telling our users that it is their system's fault.

Anyway, my Java is not out of date.  I am on a local server if that's some how got something to do with it.  For me it is 100% reproducible using Chrome, Opera and IE.  If you've followed my steps exactly and can't reproduce, then it must be something on my end.

Sorry, I really cannot reproduce your problem. At least I tried to follow step by step also on my laptop windows vista. Also there not reproduceable. BUT !!! Are you using a firewall ? This is my last think it can be responsible for.

Server has nothing to do with this (I wrote linux, cause also linux is an operating system, like apple/mac you can use instead of windows). I tried on all my machines to reconstruct, but without any result. I'm not able to reproduce your problem. Try to disable your firewall, which is my last think, ajax problem could come from there.