I am currently in the process of setting up an online marketplace for brick-and-mortar retailers in the Caribbean island, the Commonwealth of Dominica. I want to give online buyers the opportunity to pay via Paypal but I could not find it in the module list. I am aware that Paypal serves my country and I know exactly what its rates are.

Since I could not find it in the module list I downloaded the zip version marketed to USA, Canada and Mexico, since our geographical region usually falls within this group. However, after installing the module and configuring it with my API I have found that errors occur in sandbox mode. It simply does not recognise any paypal credentials I supply (I have two and have tested both).

Upon install I got an error message from Prestashop indicating that they had not verified that this module would work for my location. However, as stated earlier, I know that Paypay is available in my location.

So my questions are as follows:

- If I have downloaded the wrong module(s) for my location, where might I access the correct one? (if it exists)

- Is this an error which can be corrected? And if so how might I correct it?

- If there is no module for my location, what options do I have in acquiring/developing one/having one developed

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Davidson

Edited by Tropicode (see edit history)

Sitting in the same boat here, or rather on another island...

Would you mind a few questions how this works for you?

Which is your default currency and do you have other currencies enabled?
In case it is XCD as default and you have additionally USD or EUR or GBP...
can you check when your customers checks out in XCD, what are they charged in PayPal?

In my case (with the US Module) if they check out in DOP (e.g. 2000 DOP ~ 45 USD) and they are charged in PayPal in USD but 2000 USD!!

If this doesn't happen with the EU module it would solve a huge problem for me. 

TIA for your help. 

• 2 weeks later...