Dimensions for is the sliding image

iabm

Question

Hi all, 

Starting a new website and using Presta Shop for the first time! 

I'm using the default theme for the time being and it is great! Has all the measurements for the banners on the home page, you know those little banner box things... 

The only one it doesn't have dimensions for is the sliding image one. 

Does anyone know the sizes for the sliding image bannerpost-1053618-0-85828300-1436733305_thumb.pngpost-1053618-0-85828300-1436733305_thumb.pngs? 

Also I notice if you put text in the box it overlays that on the image which is brilliant! How do I add the little grey shop not button too? 

Sorry for all the questions but I'm going this alone and websites and technology isn't my forte! 

Thank you! 

Ben 

7 answers to this question

Hi Ben,

This post here may be of help:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/313230-slider-image-size/page-3

Also if you go into admin/ back office / modules and services then search / select image slider for your homepage then configure.

Then look at the images in the sliders list then click edit.

Hope this helps.

Edited by mr2bitz (see edit history)

Thank you. Will have a look and give it a go! 

Also how do I add categories so they appear on the top of the homepage like on the demo? I took it our of demo mode and they vanished! Aha! 

Totally new to this and will need lots of help! LOL!

Ben 

Thank you. Will have a look and give it a go! 

Also how do I add categories so they appear on the top of the homepage like on the demo? I took it our of demo mode and they vanished! Aha! 

Totally new to this and will need lots of help! LOL!

Ben 

If you mean the navigation bar on top, so you should add your categories on the moduleon tab "modules" modules -> search for "top horizontal Menue" -> configure ->  and add your categoires from the right to the left box -> save".

Thanks for the replies guys! 

I just want to know how big the images are in the slider so I can make some more in Photoshop. 

This is what I've done so I know what banner is which (I've named them 1-6) and then added blank boxes on the site with the number in. So I can plan what goes where. 

I want to keep the slider images the same size as they are now but I don't know what that size is. Does any one know? 

I've looked at the other posts but they talk about making them bigger not what their size is already in the default theme aha! 

thanks, 

Ben 

post-1053618-0-54829400-1436823287_thumb.png