Switching between catalog mode and shopping mode

Zet4

Hi,

I need to put a button in my shop for allow to my customers switch between "catalog mode" and "shopping mode".

Where can I find information about it? I am reading the oficial documentation in Prestashop's site but I don´t find anything related.

I suppose that I have to modify header.tpl from my theme for html elements, but in the controller(I don't know what controller modify) I have to call to any prestashop's function for switch between both modes.

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Catalog mode is supposed to cover the whole shop. So it is not easy to change it for each customer separately. To do that you would need to maintain a variable for every customer and that requires rather deep knowledge of Prestashop.

I think it would be better to resort to Prestashop customer groups instead. You can define whether a group can see prices. So my suggestion would be to define two groups and to transfer the customer from one group to another.

Catalog mode is supposed to cover the whole shop. So it is not easy to change it for each customer separately. To do that you would need to maintain a variable for every customer and that requires rather deep knowledge of Prestashop.

I think it would be better to resort to Prestashop customer groups instead. You can define whether a group can see prices. So my suggestion would be to define two groups and to transfer the customer from one group to another.

Thanks for your answer, I tell you what I pretend to do.

The shop is private, then my customers need to show the products to their customers without prices(catalog mode) and they need see the prices when they want to buy. Then my customers are in one group with you suggestion, or they are in other.

Therefore, they have catalog mode, or they haven't.

They need both.

Thanks again.

Why don't you give them two login names and passwords: one for catalog mode and one for price mode?

Yes, I though that. But is a little uncomfortable that customers have two accounts.

So well, now I think this is a temporally solution.

Thanks for your answer.