Filemanager won't upload any file

hmmm really .. looking to your screenshot, the file manager seems has been opened from 3rd party module

Try to upload an image file via FTP to ../img/cms/ this is the default destination directory of PS file manager

and then open your PS file manager, the image file should be there.

If it doesn't shown within your file manager:

1. ensure the directory permission of ../img/cms/ is appropriated, chmod to 755 or 775
  2. ensure you had ../img/tmp/cms/ directory and chmod to 755 or 775
  3. check file manager config file ../YOUR_ADMIN_DIR/filemanager/config/config.php and make sure following variables are not changed/modified :
$upload_dir = Context::getContext()->shop->physical_uri.'img/cms/'; // path from base_url to base of upload folder (with start and final /)
$current_path =  _PS_ROOT_DIR_.'/img/cms/'; // relative path from filemanager folder to upload folder (with final /)
//thumbs folder can't put inside upload folder
$thumbs_base_path =  _PS_ROOT_DIR_.'/img/tmp/cms/'; // relative path from filemanager folder to thumbs folder (with final /)

I uploaded an image via FTP to img/cms and the image did show up when I opened the file manager to add some content via a Prestashop module, but when I opened a third party module to upload an image to it, it was not there.

Also, I modified the config file as you have recommended on your post, and I couldn't even click to upload a picture or see files that have been uploaded already. See photo attached. So i restored the config file to what it was previously.

And what how do I verify the "chmod" ? sorry but I have limited knowledge in this so I don't really know what this is.

Thank you for your help

post-1035000-0-07000300-1436706780_thumb.jpg

Edited by totaltolga (see edit history)

1st Make sure the default prestashop file manager is working well, you can try it on "Product Editor" or "CMS". No need to change the config file if its not changed/modified, just make sure everything is default.

If your problem is with file manager opened from 3rd party module, then the problem is within your 3rd party module and you should inform here what module it is.

You can get default Prestashop files by downloading Prestashop installer packages from here >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/prestashop/files/prestashop%20v1/1.6.0%20stable/

extract to your computer and select the necessary file that you want to restore by uploading it (replace file) into your prestashop installations

1st Make sure the default prestashop file manager is working well, you can try it on "Product Editor" or "CMS". No need to change the config file if its not changed/modified, just make sure everything is default.

It doesnt work well. I tried to upload a picture to include it in a CMS post, and I can't. Last time I tried to upload the picture directly via FTP to img/cms and it shows up in the file manager, and I can use it well, but it does not work when I try to upload it directly through the file manager.

Nevertheless, I can upload a picture as a product image, but that is not via the file manager. As soon as I want to insert an image to a product description for example, I need to do it through the file manager, and it doesn't work.

The 3rd party module I am trying with, and with which it does not work neither is 
Revolution Slider. v4.6.4 - by smartdatasoft

Then your Prestashop file manager had a problem.
Did you already try to restore the necessary files by uploading an original file related to file manager into your prestashop installations directory ?

within your prestashoh admin directory you will see :

../YOUR_ADMIN/filemanager/

Just rename that directory become /filenamager-problem/

Upload the new/fresh/original files from Prestashop installation package file that you can get from sourceforge

You just need to upload the original  ../admin/filemanager/ all files including its directory

and then try again your file manager

its hard for me to help if you just said "it doesn't work" without informing the errors informations and if you doesn't know how to found the error info (your error log file)

Yes, I did restore it and nothing changed. 
I would love to give you more details about the error but I simply don't have any information regarding the error. No error message no nothing. Have a look at the screenshots I attach, each step. You will see that after step 3, when the image is uploaded correctly, I clcik on "return to files", I do so, and then the image is simply not there.

The picture you see was already there by default with the theme I purchased.

post-1035000-0-54121400-1436780172_thumb.jpgpost-1035000-0-97086300-1436780173_thumb.jpgpost-1035000-0-52548700-1436780175_thumb.jpgpost-1035000-0-81033000-1436780177_thumb.jpg

I guess your file-manager files are corrupted during upload via FTP, check the files via FTP "view/edit"

Since the file manager is driven by Ajax you wont see any errors displayed on your web browser, but it can be seen in your firebug console (add-ons firefox browser).
So ... to get the necessary logs, please replace your file-manager upload.php file with the file attached here upload.php

Upload to directory (replace file) ../YOUR_ADMIN_DIR/filemanager/

Go to your file-manager and try to upload an image file, and then go to Back Office > Advance Parameters > Logs

You will see there is a log info with prefix with "FILE MANAGER >" (without quotes)

copy-paste all logs you have in here.

I did everything you have said and unfortunately there is nothing related to the file manager in the logs ... The last thing is "Back Office connection from (ip number" ..

Is there a way I can upload the files via FTP even for the third party modules? 

I did everything you have said and unfortunately there is nothing related to the file manager in the logs ... The last thing is "Back Office connection from (ip number" ..

Is there a way I can upload the files via FTP even for the third party modules? 

weird very weird ...

1. Make sure you've restore the filemanager according to your prestashop version 1.6.0.11
  2. Replace the upload.php file with the file attached here : upload.php
  3. Try to upload image file with your filemanager
  4. Check Prestashop logs ; Back Office > Advance Parameters > Logs
  5. Copy all FILE MANAGER log you've found and paste here
  6. If there is no FILE MANAGER log at all, then make sure your file manager is not corrupted
  7. If your file manager files is Ok, then i'm running out of idea why you don't have any logs at all

Nothing related to filemanager in the log :(

If this can help what I see in the Firebug window when I upload a picture is :

POST admin7993/filemanager/upload.php
Response : wrong path

Otherwhise shall I just reinstall the whole theme and start my site from the beginning ? Because I didn't have that problem in the beginning ...

I see ... that's why you don't have any logs

to have more info, please modify file : ../ADMIN/filemanager/upload.php

Search for : $thumb_pos = strpos($_POST['path_thumb'], $thumbs_base_path);

and paste following code underneath :

PrestaShopLogger::addLog('FILE MANAGER [1][wrong path] > '.Tools::jsonEncode(array(
        'path_pos' => $path_pos,
        'thumb_pos' => $thumb_pos,
        '$_POST[\'path_thumb\']' => $_POST['path_thumb'],
        '$_POST[\'path\']' => $_POST['path'],
    )));

Try to upload image again with your file manager.

Now, you should have FILE MANAGER log, copy-paste here

What is your php version ?
Back Office > Advanced Paramateres > Configuration informations
Copy-paste block "Server information" in here

Ok!! I feel already happy to at least get an error message. Log : 

FILE MANAGER [1][wrong path] > {\"path_pos\":0,\"thumb_pos\":0,\"$_POST[\'path_thumb\']\":\"\\/home\\/sportletam\\/www.\\/img\\/tmp\\/cms\\/\",\"$_POST[\'path\']\":\"\\/home\\/sportletam\\/www.\\/img\\/cms\\/\"}

Server information :

Linux #1 SMP Thu Apr 16 08:53:31 UTC 2015 x86_64

Apache

Version de PHP 5.4.38

Memory 512M

(max_execution_time) 300     

That's it ...
there is a DOT within your 'path_thumb' and 'path'
Not sure why it can be there, it's unusual to have a document root with a name ending with DOT /www./
Common name for document root are /www/ OR /public_html/

Please make sure your site Document Root name, is it /www./ ending with dot ?

If it is, then I suggest you to contact your Hosting provider or Your Sys.Admin if you are using VPS and then ask them why your site document root name is ending with DOT.

You can solve 'wrong path' problem by removing the DOT within the preg_match pattern (not recommended since it's there for a reason)

Edit file ../ADMIN/filemanager/upload.php and remove the DOT within the preg_match pattern. >>> from /\.{1,2} became /\{1,2}

and then try again ... upload image with your file manager.

If the problem still persist, look again the log and copy-paste here

Actually I think I created the root file "www." , that is why it has a dot, it's my error...

So if I remove the dot in the upload php it won't work. What shall I do? Reinstall the site from 0 with a "www" root without dot? I don't have that much done for the moment so I can save the pages and re-upload them it's fine...

Thanks for your help!

You just have to rename it from www. became www , then edit the DocumentRoot directive in your apache configuration, and finally restart your apache service.

No need to reinstall or reupload.

Don't forget to restore your filemanager upload.php file with the original file if its already working well. (not necessary to use upload.php file with "log" modification)

How do I "edit the DocumentRoot directive in your apache configuration, and finally restart your apache service" ? Sorry my knowledge in this is limited.

Thank you

if you are using Shared Hosting instead VPS, you can't.

Remember how you creating /www./ then you should know how to edit it

If you don't know how ... then do not do that by yourself, ask your Hosting Provider or your Sys.Admin to do that

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have this issue with revolution Slider also. Uploaded the module and installed, when adding images with the module I can sometimes get an image to upload and sometimes not.
I can add images in prestashop with add product with no problems.
I tried re installing the module rev slider and still no luck.

I run Prestashop 1.6.1.0 and Revolution Slider. v5.1.6 

Extremely frustrated