tip on modifying invoice (pdf and web) so I can print message by date?

bcsteeve

I'm sorry if this isn't the right section of the forum to post in (made a best guess).

I'm just finishing up migrating my database from Zen Cart over to Presta.  It has taken me nearly a week!  The databases are completely different and it was a huge pain, but I wanted to retain all my historical order/customer data. 

Unfortunately, the data didn't translate nicely.  There are some order editing mechanisms with ZenCart that are different, and many of the manually editted orders I brought over have mistakes.  But I don't want to spend forever finding them.

Sorry for rambling... here's what I want to do:

I want to draw a line in the sand and for all invoices or customer order info pages where they are looking at sales info prior to a certain date, they will see a notice such as:

"we moved platforms. If you spot an error on your invoice, let us know!"

I don't want new customers to see that.  Just old ones.  

This will be a good learning experience for me.  I just need some tips on where to start looking.  I don't really get how PS's files are organized.  I found the tpl file relating to the pdf invoice, but all I can figure out how to do is hardcode a message in, not have it conditional by date.

Thanks.

Ok, I guess I was looking for a more specific tip than that.

If you mean just giving me the tip of what files would take you an hour, then obviously you aren't familiar enough with the code so hopefully someone else can answer.  

If you mean it would take you an hour to do the work.. I'm not asking for anyone to do the work for me.

Really, it has to be a few lines of code.  I just wanted a hint on where to look for that code.