instaling and using prestashop

Hi Guys ,

Can you please advice me regarding this question:

I have almost finished my website ( www.mazekagroup.com) on the browser version. Now I would like to install Prestashop on my laptop because I want to put a background image and change the display of products.

My question is : Will my shop be the same after I instal Prestashop on my pc ? after I connect it to Cpanel?

THx a lot for the support

you can change as much as you want, especially if you want to change things like backgrounds / colors etc.

for such things it is not necessary to bought any kind of addon

it is just a matter of css styles modification

• Like 1

Also, if you want to modify the background using the theme configurator, just place your pattern in the \modules\themeconfigurator\img folder, you might want to replace one of the defaults you don't like, named like bg-theme8.jpg, etc

The safer way would be to do it from the theme's global.css module, anyway :)

• Like 1

hello

copy of the shop on local environment is good thing, but if you just want to change backgrounds etc.

why not to do it on remote version?

Hi

Vekia said something about the remote version, does he refer to the downloaded one or browser ? 

Thx 

Hi Everybody!

I just try to use Prestahop 1.6.0.14. Front office work fine for me, but after few days i can't log in in backoffice.

By correct password after clicking "LOG IN" become a "blank" page (see attachement) and not logged in.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

post-222196-0-65779900-1437049676_thumb.jpg

I don't recommend using opera, but anyway it's trying to log something, but the message is totally empty.
It might be dying here

$this->context->employee->remote_addr = ip2long(Tools::getRemoteAddr());

When checking your ip.
Try with other browsers first, then login to the database via phpmyadmin, open the configuration table and locate PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP.
Set it to 0 if it's not