German characters stripped from friendly url

claudi69

Yes this is a possibility, but for SEO I prefer to use the old rewrite into ue, ae and oe. From my experience although Google and other serp's recognize and rewrite ü, ö and ä correctly into ue, oe and ae, the ranking of my site on other markets than in German spoken markets do not have a good rank.

If your site is only for German Markets the solution to set to accented URL will solve your problem. If your site is also for other markets, I will not use this setting and make a change, i.e. extend the code on your file js/admin.js

extend the code as follows on lower case block:

str = str.replace(/[\u00E6\u00E4\u00C4]/g,'ae')
str = str.replace(/[\u0153\u00F6\u00D6]/g,'oe');
str = str.replace(/[\u00FC\u00DC]/g,'ue');

This code will cover lower and uppercase characters (upper case transformed in lower case) - best for SEO and international GERMAN pages.

Hi, thanks a lot for your help - i tried both solutions did'nt work. Could it be because i have SEO Expert & Advanced friendly urls installed or do i have to delete smarty cache and compile?? Tried to recompile but that did'nt work, is there any thing else that i can try :-( would really appreciate any help

Thanks

Claudia

post-904670-0-96273600-1435694937_thumb.png

Both solutions do apply only after the time you added/activated them. Your already added URL's you should rework manually. Once added to database, there is no tool making changes on old things !!! Open the products and rework the SEO-URL's manually of already products in database. For new added products both solutions should rewrite the German characters accordingly.

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...