(RESOLVED)Friendly URL

(RESOLVED)Please can somebody explain to me how exactly to change my product title to make it friendly. I have put the following example to show what I mean.

http://www.realfans.org.uk/category.php?id_category=42&p=2

Now I would like it to read something like:

http://www.realfans.org.uk/twenty20international

Is that possible and how do I do it please.

barry

Thanks for that

I am really unsure what to do with the generator. I do not understand at all what I need to do with that.

Htaccess file generation
Warning: this tool can ONLY be used if you are hosted by an Apache web server. Please ask your webhost.

This tool will automatically generate a ".htaccess" file that will grant you the possibility to do URL rewriting and to catch 404 errors.

If you do not have the "Friendly URL" enabled when generating the ".htaccess" file, such feature won't be available.

Before being able to use this tool, you need to:

- create a .htaccess blank file in dir: /
- give it write permissions (chmod 777 on Unix system)

Please can you explain exactly what I need to do?

Hi!

Open up your notepad and save the text file as htaccess.txt, then ftp the file into the root of your prestashop site and then rename it .htaccess

Now go back to your BO and refresh, making sure you have the correct permission to make it writable....now you hit the generate button and it will generate it for you.

no take the .txt off and place the dot in front of the h .....it will just overwrite the other.

In your prestashop back office it will tell/show you if the correct permissions are set , this depends on your host 755 or 777, just refresh your page

done that now getting the following:

Not Found
The requested URL /42-cricket was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.realfans.org.uk Port 80