Attributes without combinations

necroshine

Hi,

I need to add multiple attributes to a product but I do not need to have multiple combinations.

Ex:

Laptop Color (Black or White)

Mouse Color (Black or Gray)

I only need to manage stock of the laptop by color but I do not care about the mouse color.

From what I tested, currently I have to create combinations of all attributes, and that means I have to manage the stock for all the combinations

Any one knows a module that is capable of something like this?

Thnak You.

Thanks for your reply!

Although i'm a developer, i'm not familiar with Prestashop, but I think the module doesn't have to be that "radical"

Essentially whet I need, is a module that can add a combobox field or a color choice field on the product page for the buyer to choose, those fields don't need to be associated with the current prestashop attribute/combination system.

I only need to manage stock of the laptop by color but I do not care about the mouse color.

The easiest way is to modiffier the PrestaShop core.

For example, modify prestashp core to assume -1 in stock to inhibite the stock behaviour.

Else, i hope you a good refactoring ;)

Edited by LuzoWeb (see edit history)

There is a module that does this Attribute Wizard Pro by Presto Changeo with the intended purpose being to circumvent the issues that having too many combinations creates. For example, I have products that have 8-10 attributes with 3-10 options per attribute so the number of combinations grows quickly and PrestaShop has issues dealing with products that have more than 2500-3000 combinations.

I can't give you any guidance on how the module handles inventory since as a custom manufacturer the concept of stock makes no sense so I disabled inventory management. 

• 7 months later...

Hey, don't know if it is to late... anyway

i had the same issue, wanted to associate mulitples colors on one product for a filter purpose, because i can have product with multiples colors, but no need to manage colors choices on the product page.

A quick (an dirty) solution is to add combination with single colors into your Product > Combination

post-724299-0-51868300-1454591173_thumb.png

Then add some quantities into it Product > Quantities

post-724299-0-39393300-1454591172_thumb.png

And finally, hack the product.tpl (i use default-bootstrap on Prestashop 1.6) around line 300 approx (i already modified it)

replace

{elseif ($group.group_type == 'color')}

by

{elseif ($group.group_type == 'color') && 1==0}
Edited by akelwood (see edit history)

• 2 years later...
On 2/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, akelwood said:

Hey, don't know if it is to late... anyway

i had the same issue, wanted to associate mulitples colors on one product for a filter purpose, because i can have product with multiples colors, but no need to manage colors choices on the product page.

A quick (an dirty) solution is to add combination with single colors into your Product > Combination

post-724299-0-51868300-1454591173_thumb.png

Then add some quantities into it Product > Quantities

post-724299-0-39393300-1454591172_thumb.png

And finally, hack the product.tpl (i use default-bootstrap on Prestashop 1.6) around line 300 approx (i already modified it)

replace

{elseif ($group.group_type == 'color')}

by

{elseif ($group.group_type == 'color') && 1==0}

@Akelwood - I tried the above solution but it didnt work. The error I get on product detail page is "this combination is not available" and Add to cart button is hidden. Any solution?