Prestashop Back Office Session Timeout

When creating new products on Prestashop back office, it is getting frustrating when taking a phone call and return to session to find I have been timed out, and lost the work adding a product on file. 

Has anyone else found a solution to stopping this timeout in Prestashop back office? 

Back Office Cookies setting has been set to 480 hours, so obviously this is being ignored, as the timeout is not even 10 minutes!

Considering how many people must be adding products on Prestashop back office, there must be a solution, surely??

Many Thanks. 

Edited by [email protected] (see edit history)

no, there is something wrong with your unique installation.  On PS v1.4 and v1.5, so long as I don't delete my cookies, I am never logged out.  On PS v1.6, you will be logged out unless you click the "keep me logged in" check box on the log in page.

It would be helpful next time if you actually specify your PS version

Hi Bellini13,

Thanks for your post. We are running PS v1.6 and we always tick the "keep me logged in" box and it makes no difference to the timeout. We have tried IE and Chrome and changed all the cookie settings, and all other web based systems we use, do not throw us out when idle for 10 minutes, but Prestashop does. Even if we are editing a product description for 10 minutes, and then click Save, the timeout window decides we have not been active on the form, and throws us back to the login page, and the work just done has been lost. I have never known a system like it! 

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Alec

• 1 year later...