Custom Customization fileds

buildyourowngraphics

I really like the Customization Tab for letting users upload images and text, but am wondering if there is anyway to customize it a bit more?

For instance, I would like to be able to let the users upload more file types, PDF, TXT, Word, etc.

Also, would like to be able to have an option to have a larger text block.

My items require a lot of customization. My initial plan was just to have a seperate form that people would fill out with all the required info for each product, but this required a link to a list of forms and the hope the customer would choose the right one.

Any ideas to be able to enhance the Customization for would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cory

I'm doing this witha multiple file uploader, but I'm with some problem with cart system that I don't know wich vars it uses, if you find those information for me, after I finish I may send it to you too.

The only problem is the lack of integration on backstage system, that does it globally for all products that use this feature.

Like it is only need to say you need one row. It uses ajax and doesn't have limitation in terms of size and time outs.

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,
I don't know if you can help, but as you are using customer file uploads, maybe.

I have a product, keyring, a photo will be put on it.
http://aranyemlekek.hu/product.php?id_product=10

Trying to put in cart with no photo does not work (good!)

I select a photo and press save. The photo is saved and appears at the bottom of the screen where I uploaded.
I then try to put the product in the cart and it still tells me the required fields must be filled out.

I delete the saved photo (process of elimination) and select the photo (so name appears in upload line) without saving. Try to place in cart. Does not work (required fields not filled out).

So, I reselect the photo and save it (appears at bottom) and then reselect without pressing save, try to place the product in the cart and it works - although, the photo appears under the product, no detail of the customisation appears with the product description. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Hope you can help.