css line 300 problem

Hi all

I am geting a 310 Parse Error test in my global.css file when i try to validate it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a fix for this please.

it will not prob be line 300 in your code so here is the code for you.

div.rte html, div.rte div, div.rte span, div.rte applet, div.rte object, div.rte iframe,
div.rte h1, div.rte h2, div.rte h3, div.rte h4, div.rte h5, div.rte h6, div.rte p, div.rte blockquote, div.rte pre,
div.rte a, div.rte abbr, div.rte acronym, div.rte address, div.rte big, div.rte cite, div.rte code,
div.rte del, div.rte dfn, div.rte em, div.rte font, div.rte img, div.rte ins, div.rte kbd, div.rte q, div.rte s, div.rte samp,
div.rte small, div.rte strike, div.rte strong, div.rte sub, div.rte sup, div.rte tt, div.rte var,
div.rte dl, div.rte dt, div.rte dd, div.rte ol, div.rte ul, div.rte li,
div.rte fieldset, div.rte form, div.rte label, div.rte legend,
div.rte table, div.rte caption, div.rte tbody, div.rte tfoot, div.rte thead, div.rte tr, div.rte th, div.rte td,
.mceContentBody html, .mceContentBody div, .mceContentBody span, .mceContentBody applet, .mceContentBody object, .mceContentBody iframe,
.mceContentBody h1, .mceContentBody h2, .mceContentBody h3, .mceContentBody h4, .mceContentBody h5, .mceContentBody h6, .mceContentBody p, .mceContentBody blockquote, .mceContentBody pre,
.mceContentBody a, .mceContentBody abbr, .mceContentBody acronym, .mceContentBody address, .mceContentBody big, .mceContentBody cite, .mceContentBody code,
.mceContentBody del, .mceContentBody dfn, .mceContentBody em, .mceContentBody font, .mceContentBody img, .mceContentBody ins, .mceContentBody kbd, .mceContentBody q, .mceContentBody s, .mceContentBody samp,
.mceContentBody small, .mceContentBody strike, .mceContentBody strong, .mceContentBody sub, .mceContentBody sup, .mceContentBody tt, .mceContentBody var,
.mceContentBody dl, .mceContentBody dt, .mceContentBody dd, .mceContentBody ol, .mceContentBody ul, .mceContentBody li,
.mceContentBody fieldset, .mceContentBody form, .mceContentBody label, .mceContentBody legend,
.mceContentBody table, .mceContentBody caption, .mceContentBody tbody, .mceContentBody tfoot, .mceContentBody thead, .mceContentBody tr, .mceContentBody th, .mceContentBody td {
   margin: 0;
   padding: 0;
   border: 0;
   outline: 0;
   font-weight: inherit;
   font-style: inherit;
   font-size: 100%;
   font-family: inherit;
   vertical-align: baseline;

hope this is ok for you to help me

Thanks Hela

Its not a cury bracket thas doing it, has I took one out and tested again and the validation came up with this.

319 #playertop Parse Error #mediaspace { float: left; width: 729px; padding-left: 0; margin-top: 0; margin-left: 0.0em; }
URI : http://www.kaihoo.co.uk
310 Parse Error test

has you can see from the error 319 tells me i am missing a curly. the 310 error does not say. Also I have moved my code around and its still saying line 310, even though there is different code on that line now.

see below my code now.

#test1 {    
   font-size: 1.1em;
   text-align:center;                                
   line-height:1.6em;          
   padding-left:0.5em;
   /*margin: 0.0em 0;*/    
   margin-top: 0.0em;   
   margin-bottom: 0.0em; 
   text-transform: uppercase; 
   font-weight: bold;
   color: #ffffff;
   background: transparent url('../img/top.gif') no-repeat top left;
   height: 21px;
}                          /*this is line 310 where I am getting the validation error*/

#test2 {                   
    float: left;
   width: 729px;
   padding-left: 0;
   margin-top: 0;
   margin-left: 0.0em;

}       

hope you can help further

Hi,
I checked your css file and found that there is just a missing closure curly bracket at line 310 (after #playertop block).
In your css file replace the following code

#playertop {    
   text-align:center;                                  /*video position didszzzzz*/
   background: transparent url('../img/playertop.gif') no-repeat top left;

with

#playertop {    
   text-align:center;                                  /*video position didszzzzz*/
   background: transparent url('../img/playertop.gif') no-repeat top left;
}    

and you css will be validated.

Have a nice day!

Hi again!
your css file is ok (in fact, copying and pasting the code of your global.css directly into W3C validator service textarea, the output is that your code is valid).
However, checking your html code, I noticed that you put into module Addstuff a whole new html page with doctype declarations, head and body tag and so on...
You should remove from mystuff.html doctype declaration, head and body tags and move the call to swfobject.js to your template header.tpl file.
Hope this will resolve the issue with css validation too...

Thank you Hela I had a good feeing it was somthing to do with that page I did. I just didn't know where to put the swfobject.js file has you mentioned.

I will give it a try.

Thank you again and the time you have spent helping me :-)

hope I dont have to ask you again on this one!