Back office product list shows different product names and categories then product page.

blackflow

So, It's a very strange thing. I have a 1.6.14 presta installation and I have a weird problem. We import in a lot of products or at least change their values via .csv/.xml.

In the back office some of my products have Home category as a default. But when I click the product I have different categories in the association section. The same thing happens with names. 
In the product list I have a different name and  then in the product page.

I've tried using different browser, checking for varnish, clearing catch and so on.

I thought that names/categories in product list can’t be different then on the product page. Am I mistaken? 

Edited by blackflow (see edit history)

no that I am aware of :)  My first fought was that it has to do with importing products. So when you search for products in the back office you can do it by id number but name and category usually differs between what presta shows in back office and what I see on product page or in the frontend. To be honest I don't even know where to start. I tried disabling/enabling all catch options. It's like presta back office used different data in product search.