Bluehost Warning

I have recently tried to get PrestaShop installed on a dedicated Bluehost server. Guess what? Which proved to be impossible and trust me I and the PrestaShop Support Team tried every damn thing sort of re-imaging the server.

Bluehost were of no use.  After almost a week of trying to get them to resolve the issue, I finally had them respond.  Guess what the "solution was"? To upgrade CPanel because PHPMyAdmin was slow.  Which is a very poor solution to the "Create Database" issue!  I tried it anyway and of course, it did not work.

After a week had passed I had to blatantly tell them to re-image the server.  They figured that since I did not respond to their moronic PHPMyAdmin issue, they could stop working and see if it would fix the issue.  That was incredibly stupid and I did not let them get away with that.  So they said they would re-image.  But **48** HOURS later this had not happened.  By this point my client had been waiting over a week to get PrestaShop installed and Bluehost had been made aware of this and that I was about to claim a full refund.  

In short, Bluehost support is populated by people with no expertise in the subject and whom feel it Ok to do nothing while waiting for a response to an obvious non-solution. Even when they do promise to do something it takes days and days, if you can get them to do it all.

I would suggest avoiding Bluehost like the plague....

I have gone with InMotion instead, as they are a Presta partner with Presta expertise and I have seen many, many great reviews.  So far I am very happy with them and the level of support they have offered.   Though Liquid Web seem like they would have also been a pretty good option!