No support for the modules developed by Prestashop

Guillaume_MPS

I post on the forum, because I don't know how to have support on a module developped by Prestashop :

I bought a shipping module for the French postal service (called Expeditor) developed by the PrestaShop team.
On 2 June, I reported them a problem that I encountered with automatic mails. They asked me the backoffice access, and then nothing.

I had to do a post on their facebook to finally have apologies on June 9 and to ask me a CSV export. I send  this CSV and no more news from this day... We are June 15 and my expensive module developed by PrestaShop is still unusable.

To the  Prestashop team : Sincerely, stop develop modules if you can't do support. You put pressure on external developers, but nothing on your quality of service.

For information, my customer_thread on your contact form is 80251 if the PrestaShop support team wants to finally take care of my problem.

Does anyone else meets the same problems as me with modules "made by Prestashop"?

• Like 1

Hello Xavier,

I have had a answer from Marc, and I applied his instructions.

I had another problem with gzip compression. Since I have no response, I made a change to the code to make it work.

asked Marc if my mpdification was correct, but I have more news from 3 days

Can you ask him to answer me?

Thank you,
Guillaume

Thank you Xavier for your reply. I hope it will be resolved soon (my first message was on June 2). I am a fan of the PrestaShop platform, but I am so disappointed by the support of the module developped by your team

Another thing, could you ask them to looking for another problem on an another module developped by the Prestashop Team (CM-CIC paiement module) ? (The addon support advise me to buy a support ticket at 149 € ! I'm not lucky)

Guillaume

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, the Prestashop support team can't solve my problem. They just give me a discount coupon for my next order.... Now I have to find the solution by myself.

Hummm...

When it happens with an external developer, they refund the module...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. :(   I will not buy any modules made by Prestashop again, since they cannot offer support when problems occur.  Their support and module quality really disappoint me.  I am currently asking for refund but who knows I would ever get a response.   

• Like 1

Its one thing when their free modules don't work, and they want you to pay for support (even then that is unethical).   but when their PAID modules don't work, and they expect you to pay their support team to fix their modules, that's entirely unacceptable.

Request the refund, give them 2 days (the same amount of time they would give any seller on addons store to respond).  If they do not refund, then call Paypal or your bank and open a dispute. 

• Like 1

I had a terrible experience with a badly-written Prestashop module and escalated it to a PayPal resolution.

Unfortunately, as it's software/digital services it's not covered by their money-back guarantee, and that was that!

You have been warned...

I support a few businesses using Prestashop and they've invested in many modules that simply don't work and are exorbitantly priced for what they are. It really rubs salt into the wound when you read the puff on the Prestashop front page about 'community' and then face the reality of poorly-written modules with no effective support.

Fortunately, I have found a few independent developers that go the extra mile and offer great support, so I'm sticking with Prestashop for now. But I'll avoid buying modules in future unless I'm absolutely desparate.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your experience sharing. Unfortunately, the experiences of technical support on modules developed by PrestaShop are often the same.

I hope this forum thread warn the team in charge of the development and support of PrestaShop modules developed internally.

Feel free to share your experiences on this topic to motivate the PrestaShop team to improve this big flaw, while the rest of the software is really good.

The real problem is that the interlocutors of  Addons are commercial, not developers.

The setpoint is: "No waves, the customer must be satisfied, find a solution"

If no simple solution, it offers a discount on another product (That it must be purchased, of course)

I had a terrible experience with a badly-written Prestashop module and escalated it to a PayPal resolution.

Unfortunately, as it's software/digital services it's not covered by their money-back guarantee, and that was that!

You have been warned...

Trust me when I say that Paypal will back a customers dispute, even for digital goods.  It is the seller who has limited protection, and it is the seller who has to provide evidence that the goods/services where 1) purchased by the customer, 2) delivered to the customer and 3) functional

I don't know the exact details of your issue, but if you purchased a module and it does not function as advertised, then you should be able to easily dispute that with Paypal or your credit card provider.

• 3 weeks later...

hi

I think this is not the fault of prestashop team.

Not all addons and themes developed by Prestashop team, Some developed by external developers and in order to increase sales, they joined Prestashop addons and themes with some profit sharring conditions.

so i think you should contact directly to the specific addon or theme developer or through their private website.

Of course it's a PrestaShop Team problem because this module is develop by PrestaShop not by Community or other partner. It's clearly describe on each product page.

Similar experience here. Had to get a payment module and had to choose between the Presta developed module and a externally developed module. Went with the expensive Presta module. Turned out that it was missing key features in the BO that were required by the payment provider. PS's solution: buy a support module so PS could install it for me.

Yeah, except installation wasn't the issue, lack of configurable options was - the user would have had to modify the files in order to get it to work. I don't mind fiddling, but when it comes to a payment system, it just has to work and be secure. I explained all of this of course, but never even got a reaction compensation or discount has never come up.

The fact that I was properly ticked off and didn't hide it may have had something to do with that. Mostly it felt like buying a car to then be told that you could only buy petrol from in this case PS, and that only they could fill the car up. 

Subsequently we bought the community developed one which had everything we needed at half or even a third of the cost. Ran into an issue later on, and got fast responses from the developer.

I like prestashop, but suffice to say there is room for improvement on the business end of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me add to this before they log this thread - have the same experience - bought the Gift Voucher module from Prestashop - which from the beginning never worked properly - here you are asking for assistance for a module that you have paid for and can expect to work (not talking any modifications just need the damn thing to work as it is supposed to) contacted them on the 6th of September, today is the 15th and nothing has happend - contacted some snotty Prestashop "Assistant" yesterday who may be good at finding excuses but is nothing but a waste of time and causes hypertension - Prestashop sells modules that do not work properly and then expects you to pay them a lot of money to fix it -

Edited by razaro (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...