Moving Prestashop from server to localhost, how?

Was wondering if some of you could point me to the right direction for information. As I want to move my prestashop installation to my local c:\ xampp\ folder. This is a basic prestashop installation with a few test products on it. This prestashop has never been live, hence I want to move it to local server. Just wodner how to do it?

I did search for answer before I opened this post, but if it is already answered and I didn't find it, then my bad I didn't see it. Please be easy on me.

It is really so simple. Follow these steps:

1. Download your whole Prestashop installation and place it in  a directory, suppose C:\xampp\htdocs\presta, Here presta is root directory of your Prestashop installation and htdocs is webserver's root folder for xampp, if you use wamp then it will be www
  2. Export complete database of your Prestashop installation and import it in your local server. You can access your local database server from your browser via http://localhost/phpmyadmin
  3. Now the most important point is to change value of shop URL form prefix_shop_url table. Whatever it is but now you are on local server so set thse values.
  4. For domain => localhost, domain_ssl=.localhost, physical_uri => /presta/

Now all set, you can access your prestashop via http://localhost/presta. If your Prestashop installation had friendly url active then go to your dashboard and once make it enable and disable so your .htaccess file will be regenerated.

bit unsure where I can find physical_uri ? is it in database or is it in a .php config file? I think  I have set the others, Issue is that when I refrash on localhost it redirect to live server. hence because physical_uri isn't set....

• 2 weeks later...

This is the post I'm looking :)

I have a issue here

1- I'm make a full copy on online server 

2- import for local server

3- modify the config/settings.inc.php

now i can´t access to admin, just show a blank page

a long time ago when I'm moving the prestashop server to another i find a great tutorial in docs.prestashop but now i can't find him.

I think i need to clean some cache files or folders, but i do not remember what i don't need to remove.

This is the post I'm looking :)

I have a issue here

1- I'm make a full copy on online server 

2- import for local server

3- modify the config/settings.inc.php

now i can´t access to admin, just show a blank page

a long time ago when I'm moving the prestashop server to another i find a great tutorial in docs.prestashop but now i can't find him.

I think i need to clean some cache files or folders, but i do not remember what i don't need to remove.

Have you changed value of domain and physical_uri in ps_shop_url?

• 7 years later...
On 6/15/2015 at 8:57 PM, Vipul Hadiya said:

It is really so simple. Follow these steps:

1. Download your whole Prestashop installation and place it in  a directory, suppose C:\xampp\htdocs\presta, Here presta is root directory of your Prestashop installation and htdocs is webserver's root folder for xampp, if you use wamp then it will be www
  2. Export complete database of your Prestashop installation and import it in your local server. You can access your local database server from your browser via http://localhost/phpmyadmin
  3. Now the most important point is to change value of shop URL form prefix_shop_url table. Whatever it is but now you are on local server so set thse values.
  4. For domain => localhost, domain_ssl=.localhost, physical_uri => /presta/

Now all set, you can access your prestashop via http://localhost/presta. If your Prestashop installation had friendly url active then go to your dashboard and once make it enable and disable so your .htaccess file will be regenerated.

Hi, 
I've changed the values you write about, but localhost looks weird. 

presta locally trouble.jpg