Multiple Images 2

mickeyboy1

ok i shall try in here......i did post in theme development but didnt get any replies so i assume all the brains are in here :)

If i have ten subcategories that all use the same image, is there a way to only upload one image for them all to use or do i have to upload the same image for all the subcategories ???

thanks in advance mb

Thank you pishkus for your reply,

The way i am setting up my site is that there will be around twenty main categories, each having another twenty subcategories.(roughly, i havent actually counted them but there is a lot)

The subcategories will all be the same, just with relevant products to the main category.

Uploading the same image for 20-30 subcategories is just a bit time consuming, and thought it might be easier if your could have an IF statement (or similar) to say something like:

If subcat is between 31 and 40 then choose image 4

If subcat is between 41 and 50 then choose image 5

etc

I know this context is not correct i am just trying to give you an idea of what i wanted to do.

Also, would it take up more server space having alot of the same images?

Thanks mb

Ok, I get the idea.

I would do something like this:

Open file themes/your_theme/category.tpl, find lines like this:

<!-- Category image -->
<div class="content_scene_cat_bg"{if $category->id_image} style="background:url({$link->getCatImageLink($category->link_rewrite, $category->id_image, 'category_default')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}) right center no-repeat; background-size:cover; min-height:{$categorySize.height}px;"{/if}>

We'll replace the second line with the following code:

{assign var="show_category_image" value=false}
{if $category->id_image}
  {assign var="category_image" value=$link->getCatImageLink($category->link_rewrite, $category->id_image, 'category_default')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}
  {assign var="show_category_image" value=true}
{else}

{$category_ids['file_1.jpg'] = [14,15,16]}
  {$category_ids['file_2.jpg'] = [13,17,18,19]}
  {$category_ids['file_3.jpg'] = [20,21,22]}

{foreach from=$category_ids key=filename item=id_list}
    {if in_array($category->id, $id_list)}
      {assign var="category_image_name" value=$filename}
      {break}
    {/if}
  {/foreach}

{/if}
{if isset($category_image_name)}
  {assign var="category_image" value=$img_dir|cat:'some_other_dir/'|cat:$category_image_name}
  {assign var="show_category_image" value=true}
{/if}
<div class="content_scene_cat_bg"{if $show_category_image} style="background:url({$category_image}) right center no-repeat; background-size:cover; min-height:{$categorySize.height}px;"{/if}>
Edited by pishkus (see edit history)

Hello again pishkus, thanks for that.

I have applied the changes but i get an error and white page.

The error is .....

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "C:\xampp\htdocs\prestashop1-6-14\themes\default-bootstrap\category.tpl" on line 70 "<div class="content_scene_cat_bg"{if $show_category_image} style="background:url({category_image}) right center no-repeat; background-size:cover; min-height:{$categorySize.height}px;"{/if}>" unknown tag "category_image" <-- thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\prestashop1-6-14\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 70

Is there anything i need to change in the code provided? 

Thanks mb

ok i have changed the last line and also changed this 

{$category_ids['file_1.jpg'] = [14,15,16]}

to this 

{$category_ids['test_1.jpg'] = [12,13,16]}

Where i would like the image "test_1.jpg" in cats 12,13 and 16, but still not changing or showing image

Is this correct ??

Thanks mb

Edited by mickeyboy1 (see edit history)

{assign var="category_image" value=$img_dir|cat:'some_other_dir/'|cat:$category_image_name}

$img_dir - /img/ folder of your current theme

$category_image_name - file name, e.g. test_1.jpg

some_other_dir/ would be needed if you kept your category images in a subfolder /default-bootstrap/img/some_other_dir/. You can change it to whatever you need.

Thanks for all your help so far pishkus,

my images are in the default folders.....so img/c (for the category images)

By the way, this is needed for the subcategory images .

I have my site set out using main categories on the homepage but dont actually show main category images, only subcat and sub-subcat images

Main Cat1 has 

subcat1, subcat2, subcat3

Main Cat2 has

subcat1, subcat2, subcat3

So when you go into MainCat1 you will get a list of subcategories, these are the images i am trying to call

Also i just relised that these images are medium-default(in the subcategory list) but are category-default when in chosen subcategory page

• 1 month later...